Stressed outttttttttttttttttttttttttt..

Options
I have to take my PCAT on saturday..and I just really want to do well and I've been trying to cram anything and everything they may cover into my head and its stressing me out. To the point where I just want a huge pizza. All to myself. There I said it. How do you guys handle emotional eating? I haven't caved in yet because I've been handling it pretty well, but I feel a stress binge coming on.

Ughhh thanks for listening to me vent..you guys rock!

Replies

• food_junkie
    Options
    I have to take my PCAT on saturday..and I just really want to do well and I've been trying to cram anything and everything they may cover into my head and its stressing me out. To the point where I just want a huge pizza. All to myself. There I said it. How do you guys handle emotional eating? I haven't caved in yet because I've been handling it pretty well, but I feel a stress binge coming on.

Ughhh thanks for listening to me vent..you guys rock!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    drink a nice big glass of water.....go for a walk....talk to your best buddy someone who can make you laugh....fill up on veggies and lowfat dip.....

but I hear you girl...emotional eaters anonymous.....I'm Ali....I'm and EE........:ohwell:

hugs and wishing best of luck on your test!!! you'll be awesome I'm sure!
    Ali:drinker:
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Thanks for the reply ali! Its nice to know someone cares! :smile:
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    I know how you feel. I struggles with emotional eating too. I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with it, but until I find a cure I repeat in my head 'nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' over and over while I'm filling up on veggies and water.

One day at a time is all you have to do!

:flowerforyou:
  • rosenbss
    rosenbss Posts: 54
    Options
    i HAVE FALLEN OFF THE WAGON..i have emotinal ate for the last week how about u come kick my butt into gear..and then ill keep u on tract u keep me on tract!!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I know from emotional eating... oh yeah! So, I take a break from *whatever* has me stressed, do something different, grab a large glass of water, go mow the lawn, LOOK AT MY FOOD DIARY (always up on my screen), and decide how I could burn off those calories. :flowerforyou:
  • msce2
    msce2 Posts: 35
    Options
    I find something that I love, but that is less calories. Not sure if that helps, but I like a half of a Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate bar. 90 calories of pure heaven. I keep them in the freezer, and when I'm feeling stressed it's not a big diet breaker.

GL on your test!!!!!!
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    A punching bag. Hit it HARD. Again, Again, Again.

I hope you feel better soon.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    dont know if this will help but I binged like crazy when I was on the road and found out I still had 3 hrs to get to my friends and I thought I was almost there. (actually I realized it was emotional eating when i read your thread)

I ate micky d's and threw up all night. :embarassed:

Not worth it, wont do that again!:ohwell: