How many calories I'm suppose to eat??

xodaffyox
xodaffyox Posts: 16
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
I don't understand! I ate a total of 1168 calories today (and trust me I could eat more!)...but I decided to just continue to drink water so I can stay under my 1200 goal for today. When I go to close my food diary it says I'm starving myself and that I should be eating AT LEAST 1200 a day. So am I suppose to be staying under 1200 or not?!?

Replies

• Don't quote me on it, but I'm fairly sure no matter what the goal you set... it will automatically create the warning message if you eat under 1,200 calories. I had the same thing happen when I ate under 1,200 with my daily goal being 1,270.
  • GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Above 1200! Above 1200! If you go below 1200 its more difficult to make sure you're getting adequate vitamin and mineral intake not to mention your resting metabolic rate will drop dramatically low and you might suffer from much slower weight loss.
  • from what i understand you should be eating back the calories you lost from working out
  • trixieflow
    trixieflow Posts: 31 Member
    i htink jodi is right. i was 154 short of my goal 1320cals and it told me the same thing today!
    i have also been fighting w/myself about eating the exercise calories and another member made it crystal clear for me tonight.
    you need to net your goal calories.
    if you eat 1800 and burn 600 in exercise = then you net your 1200
    if you eat 1200 and burn 600 in exercise = then you are running on 600 and that's NOT enough.

best of luck on your journey
  • Firebranda
    Firebranda Posts: 19 Member
    You NEED to eat at least 1200 calories a day. You can manually reset your calories to 1300 and then keep 1200ish as a target. That way you're under your goal and meeting your calorie intake. That's what I had to do.
  • Thanks guys! I decided to eat more (which was easy to do...lol), but now I'm 200 cals over :(. I'm going to take your advice Firebranda...that way I'll eat close to 1200 but not go over too much.
This discussion has been closed.