Anyone age over 70?

Options
Hi I'm 71. Finding it harder to loose the weight than it used to be. Still try to walk a lot and do Tai Chi but the weight creeps on. Need to get 1 stone off before holidays. Don't want to buy a new holiday wardrobe!

Replies

• Quilterbunny
    Quilterbunny Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is much harder to take weight off than when we were younger. I am 76 and find it harder to get in the exercise I need.
  • Gawanne
    Gawanne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from dear old Yorkshire. I'm also 78. I've found this site really good and I've lost 14 lbs in 83 days. I'm now walking at least 1 hour a day and more often 1 hour and a half. My gammy knees have completely disappeared and I'm leaping around like a spring lamb, so it's doable. All the best for your journey and enjoy your holiday. P.s. Lots of earlier Scots in our DNA.
  • billbass77
    Options
    So happy to see people over 70 on here. I need to lose at least 40 pounds . Just can't seem to do it. Garden, walk the dog but weight just hangs on. Husband admits I don't eat that much. Help ! Please any suggestions?
  • billbass77
    Options
    Oh, my name is Sharon live in Wisconsin USA . I'm 71 5ft 3 in. Weigh 191 lb's
  • d4rkkn16ht
    d4rkkn16ht Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My mom is 68 (not 70 yet :tongue: ) but she is quite fit.
    She doesn't do workouts but she does a lot of housework alone since my father died almost 3 yrs ago.
    She is still working because she can't stand doing nothing.

I wish I can make her move with me or my sister.:ohwell:
    We all live separately & far away.