going over your fitness goals

Options
My fitness goals for the week are to work out 3 times a week for 25 min. each, and I should burn 524 calories a week. This is brand new to me, as I've only been using MFP for just a week, so I don't know if that's too little or to much or just right. But I've been doing the 30 day shred for 5 days now, and I've burned WAY more than the 524 calories for the week. I've burned actually more like 1,000. My question is, is this ok? what does it mean in terms of my weight loss? Will I lose more weight for buring more calories? Should I change my fitness goals? Should I just stick with the 3 days a week at first, and ease my way into it?

Replies

• GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Looks like sound fitness steps to me :o) def safer to ease into anything fitness related.
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    I also do the 30DS, and am over my fitness goals. I feel that if I'm doing more then I said I would, then that's great. It just means my body is okay with it and my mind is getting used to the idea. I do the shred 7 days a week and it does wonders. If I feel my body is getting "too used" to it I will switch it up. But for now, I'm happy with this and it seems to be working. :smile:
  • Cinnamoneve
    Options
    I think as long as you follow your calorie intake; then you will lose the amount of weight you want too.