Only 400 cal for dinner??

Options
2»

Replies

• bazarn
    bazarn Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've noticed from reading your diary that you pretty consistently go over on carbs and fat, but are under on protein...this will make maintaining a calorie deficit REALLY difficult, because the carbs (especially the refined ones) pretty much mess with your blood sugar and make you hungry for more food, and protein on the other hand (as well as the fiber you get from eating lots of fruits and veggies :)), will help to fill you up. I agree with the others who said eat lots of veggies...I eat about 1300-1400 calories a day, mostly (not perfectly but I'm working my way there) whole plant foods, and I don't feel deprived at all. Not that I'm saying you need to do what I'm doing, but that it's an example of how eating lots of veggies really helps keep hunger away when trying for a calorie deficit. So, just some good things to remember: making sure you get lots of protein and fiber, and keeping the carbs (especially refined carbs like white bread, white rice, white potatoes, and pure sugar) moderate to low. I hope that helps.
  • oksanatkachuk
    oksanatkachuk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Think outside the box for breakfast - you don't have to eat cereal. Try a hard boiled egg or egg white omelette with tons of veggies in it. Eat a side of fruit and a mini baby bel cheese. Add more protein to meals helps keep full longer.

This
  • enn_jay
    enn_jay Posts: 16
    Options
    A lot of times if I know that I want a certain meal for dinner I will add it to myfitnesspal diary in the morning. This way I have already accounted it for the day when deciding what I want for lunch. Just helps me, especially on nights when its something special happening or I have to eat out.

I do this, too, and it works quite well.

yep usually do that as well
  • VeganEquestrian
    VeganEquestrian Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    LOTS OF VEGGIES!!! They are very low cal.
    And do some exercise each day so you can have a little more :)
  • PurpleSaris
    PurpleSaris Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For the 40 cal bread...I buy "Nature's Harvest Light" you find it at target or walmart, it has half the calories because it doesn't have as much fat or sugar as regular bread, that way a sandwich fits your cal budget ;)
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Great post for my day. I'm down to 439 calories for dinner myself. At 1200 calories a day, you really get only 400 cal a meal.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Snack less?