Did i really burn 356 calories walking for 2 hours

Options
I walked today for 2 hours and 10 minutes and mfp said I burned 356.Does that sound close to accurate?I weigh 145 pounds .i know a HRM monitor is more accurate but I am looking into buy one.

Replies

• jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That seems about right.. Depending on your pace. I walk as fast as I possibly can and I burn the same amount in an hour.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    That seems about right.. Depending on your pace. I walk as fast as I possibly can and I burn the same amount in an hour.

okay,i walked on a slower pace so I guess I am good
  • mya_bug
    mya_bug Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Depends on your weight and activity level. Today I walked 2.2 miles in one direction for a 50 minute stretch and I burnt 617 calories but I'm really out of shape and not active at all. This is according to my HRM.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    at a slower pace, yeah - that sounds about right.
  • keegan2149
    keegan2149 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Some of the calculations on this site are off but this one sounds legit.

Here's another calculator. One thing they don't account for is heart rate or difficulty so the exact amount of calories can still vary.

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/walking-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Sure... I use an HRM and burned 236 calories walking 4.0 MPH for 38 minutes yesterday.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    each persons calories burn will be different for the same activity based on weight and fitness level. I suggest getting an HRM for more accuracy. Its the best way to "estimate" your burns.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options

Here's another calculator. One thing they don't account for is heart rate or difficulty so the exact amount of calories can still vary.

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/walking-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx

Isn't that one great? I used it before I got my HRM
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    To get a reasonable estimate of net calories expended walking

.30 x weight in lbs x distance in mile

(Source : http://www.runnersworld.com/weight-loss/how-many-calories-are-you-really-burning?page=single)
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I burned 1039 calories just from cycling for 2 hours (20+ miles).
  • Tanie98
    Options

wow nice
  • Tanie98
    Options
    Depends on your weight and activity level. Today I walked 2.2 miles in one direction for a 50 minute stretch and I burnt 617 calories but I'm really out of shape and not active at all. This is according to my HRM.

LOL I see
  • Tanie98
    Options

Isn't that one great? I used it before I got my HRM

I am going to give it a try
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Sure. Sounds right.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Does the MFP database give you gross or net burn values? Because 1/3 of that I would burn just sitting for two hours. If you have the BMR larger than a hobbit's, yours might be a higher portion. I just mean you might want to not eat it all back, if it's gross calories.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

That's about what I burn race-walking for about 2 hours (about 9-10 miles).

I love to walk but maybe I should get a bike and mix it up.