Here's what that pound really looks like :)

Options

Replies

• DaveDeLange
    Options
    I've seen pictures like this before, and the whole thing confuses me tbh.

I'd guess that I have about 60-70lbs of fat to lose. Going by that photo, that would be a HUGE volume.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few good "handfulls" of excess fat on my body. But even taking into account visceral fat, it's hard to imagine it amounting to the volume that photo (x60) suggests.

Maybe there's something I am missing.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I'm creeping up on that newborn giraffe. A few more pounds.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    A two year old! Maybe I'll aim for the cheese next. Darn I love cheese though. So I'll keep to maintenance and just keep that loss to a two year, a very big two year old. LoL
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I know that losing weight can feel like an uphill battle. It often feels like trying to build an ocean with an eye dropper. If you, like all of us at one time or another, want to feel better, look how much you actually lost! Look at your accomplishment! Keep on keepin' on! :D

! Pound of Fat (This made my day)
    32956c80f1fb1a6bf769907235381230.jpg

Below: 5 Pounds of Fat next to 5 Pounds of Muscle
    tumblr_m66x4msQmy1rzrix2o1_500.jpg

And, last, real-life equivalents to what you've lost! :)
    get-fit-114.jpg?w=500

Good Luck, Everyone!

66705460.png
    Hey!! If I cut off a leg, I can lose a quick 40 lb! hmmm but mine's probably like 60. LOL Actually, I've lost a cinderblock. sounds good to me!
  • mickiebabs
    mickiebabs Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Looks like I lost the fashion model's head! Now to get rid of the rest of her.

Thanks for the post, I printed this to post on my fridge.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    A sperm whales brain?! Who thought that was a good item to put on the list? Apparently I lost my sperm whales brain. /baffled

I'll be honest. If I got to decide where the 1 pound came from it would be a lot easier. The fact that I lose nearly 20 but can't figure out where it used to be is the frustrating part.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost a whole "average" model!

Though I prefer to think of it as me losing a whole Princess Leia in that metal bikini, an average newborn, a human head, 2 guinea pigs, and a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts.
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I've basically lost a big-*kitten* air conditioner. I think I'm okay with this. :drinker:
  • UK_Gal
    UK_Gal Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm trying for an elephant's heart.
    So far - Chihuahua!
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I knew it. Out of all the numbers on the list, mine has to be the "elephant's penis" one. I can't even imagine how big it is as it's not something I see every day.

They just had a Nova program on PBS called Sex in the Wild and last night they featured elephants.
    It's BIG! :laugh:
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    ooo gross... Elephants are big.. eh? When I get finished .. I'm going to have lost an Irish Setter.. :)
  • rlynnehawk
    rlynnehawk Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thanks!
  • Princess71117
    Princess71117 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Fantastic motivation! Thank you :)
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    So far I've lost a bald eagle, but I'm aiming for a newborn calf :)
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I've lost the amount of cheese Americans eat in a year.
  • BananaWalnutGirl_18
    Options
    I've lost the chemical additives an average American consumes in a year! Aiming to lose between an automobile tire and a mid-size microwave (total). Cool! Thanks for posting, OP!!
  • Jodsmission
    Jodsmission Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great thread . I had to google a cinder block to see what it looked like .
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Ice cream comes in 3 gallon tubs??????
    My thoughts exactly :laugh:
  • AdaVanderlyle
    AdaVanderlyle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this, I knew about the difference in size/volume of fat and muscle but never actually seen a picture.
    Very enlightening!
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Have lost an elephant heart and eventually will have lost a newborn calf! ????