Cadbury Cream Eggs

Options
OMG...its Cadbury Cream Egg season :noway: Those little buggers are 150 calories each and packed with a whole lot of sugar. I don't think a year ago I could have walked away from them at the store but today I kept thinking..."I'll have to log it on MFP" and managed to get out of the store without a single egg, so thanks to every one on here who has been so supportive and encouraging! :happy:

Replies

• mommyfirst77
    Options
    WAY TO GO! I know it was hard! My downfall is the reeses p/b Eggs! UGGH Not looking forward to it!
  • Jasmine_Moonstone
    Jasmine_Moonstone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I LOVE those to as well as the caramel ones. I also LOVE the chocolate covered marshmallow bunny's & the chocolate covered caramel marshmallow bunny's to. I am trying to stay away from them as well.

Good Job not buying any.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    OMG...its Cadbury Cream Egg season :noway: Those little buggers are 150 calories each and packed with a whole lot of sugar. I don't think a year ago I could have walked away from them at the store but today I kept thinking..."I'll have to log it on MFP" and managed to get out of the store without a single egg, so thanks to every one on here who has been so supportive and encouraging! :happy:

Nice job! I imagine I'll have one before the season's over, but I did spot them at the grocery today and managed to resist. I love those little guys.

I like to keep a candy in the fridge sometimes for a day when I have a huge deficit. I had a Reese cup one day under those circumstances and it was totally worth it. I "hid" it behind the door where the butter normally goes so it wouldn't be in view all the time.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Good job from Halloween to Easter seems like the stores are brimming with seasonal candy. Sometimes hard to resist (I love Peeps which used to be an Easter thing, now they have them for everything). So tell myself that I can't eat it if I don't buy it.
    Stay strong!!!!!!!!!!
  • hmsmike
    hmsmike Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yea Peeps rock, but I want this more! LOL
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Good job from Halloween to Easter seems like the stores are brimming with seasonal candy. Sometimes hard to resist (I love Peeps which used to be an Easter thing, now they have them for everything). So tell myself that I can't eat it if I don't buy it.
    Stay strong!!!!!!!!!!

I live just a few miles or so from the Just Born plant where they make the Peeps...they have a VW Beetle with a giant Peep on top that I always see when I'm driving around lol
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO! I know it was hard! My downfall is the reeses p/b Eggs! UGGH Not looking forward to it!

Yeah only now those dang things are here all year round... Reeses PB Hearts, Pumpkins, Trees, Eggs... GRRR!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I don't like chocolate mixed with anything.....peanut butter, caramel, marshmallow.....yuck. But, a big fat hershey bar is amazing. And I did manage to stand in front of it at the store for 5 minutes in line today and not grab it. We should all be proud of these little victories. I'm with hmsmike....I want this more!
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    OMG! Last Easter season I had to buy both the Reese Egg and the Cadbury Egg and I would wash it down with a Mountain Dew on the way home from the grocery!!!

This season....I've walked straight by them with a longing glance and chewed a piece of sugar free gum lol
  • LorinElizabeth
    LorinElizabeth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Maybe this post is not a helpful one. But the reason why I love this site so much is so if I wanted to, I could eat a cadburry egg without feeling guilty. Because we are logging our food, we know that can get away with eating a cadburry egg and stay on track. For me I am trying to lose weight, so I am eating about 900 calories less than I am burning each day. So, even if I were to hit my target for the day, 150 extra calories is still a good day. I think as long as we are eating a couple servings of fruits, and a couple servings of vegtables, drinking our water and staying within our calories, and we are also indulging=== is what makes losing weight and maintaining weight loss possible, because it is still enjoyable, healthy and doable for a lifetime.:bigsmile:
  • SouthernG35
    Options
    I love those things!!! The best ever.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I allow myself one or two over the course of the time they are out (why do they have to come out this early!!), but I never buy more than one at a time, and I enjoy every second of it!!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Oh Dang, for me its all the fruity jelly beans(all the various kinds now)....talk about mindless eating, they go down the hatch without flinching! I know that I cannot buy them or It will be all over.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    good thing i dont like them ,,,what is hard for me is going to this store closest to my house and they always have a buy one get one special on some from of candy bar .. they keep them at the cash register to beat all...i know the cashier thinks im crazy because i look over her head the whole time while checking out .
  • Tercha2
    Options
    Oooohhh.... I love those darn things!!!!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    These are my ultimate weakness--I look forward to them every year!! I think I will wait till closer to Easter and indulge in some then after I make room for them in my calories :)

Congrats on walking away from them!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Aw man. I completely forgot about them.

The boyfriend might have to go grocery shopping without me next time. Not sure I can walk past without getting some. : /
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    good thing i dont like them ,,,what is hard for me is going to this store closest to my house and they always have a buy one get one special on some from of candy bar .. they keep them at the cash register to beat all...i know the cashier thinks im crazy because i look over her head the whole time while checking out .

That's hysterical! I feel like I need blinders at the store. I went this weekend and they have Valentine's Day and Easter candy out. That's evil!