Bridesmaid Challenge?

Options
Hi - I read a blog post earlier today about the dreaded 'fitting into the bridesmaid dress.' The number of replies made me think maybe we could set up a challenge group for all of the other bridesmaids out there! Any of you interested in starting something? Open to suggestions on how to set it up (how to set goals/check-in times/motivation or incentives...)

I have 50-60 lbs to lose total, wedding is in July (though my hubby is also standing up for a friend in May, so I'd like to be the hot date of a groomsmen by then- LOL)

Any bridesmaids out there want to join in?

Replies

• forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'd love to lose about 10-15 lbs by March 26... yes, I too am going to be a bridesmaid! The other girls in the party are all really tiny and I don't want to stand out as the FAT bridesmaid... lol! I'm in! Is this too soon?
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I had a blog about this :) I definitely want in!!!
  • roxie09
    Options
    I too am going to be bridesmaid. And also have 3 petite bridesmaids as well. I'd love to 20-30lbs by April 10! So that I don't stand out amongst them. I'm definitely in!
  • missjay001
    Options
    Good idea

Need to lose 15 pounds.

I'm gonna be the Maid of Honor

Wedding on April 30th
  • ashleyinthestars
    ashleyinthestars Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in on this! I'm going to be Matron of Honor for my sister-in-law on April 30! I'd like to lose another 15-20 lbs by then. :smile:
  • stacy3333
    stacy3333 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am the maid of honor and want to lose 20 pounds by April 8th. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride for me! LOL
  • lillmssy
    Options
    Count me in !! I'm a bridesmaid March 19th. I need to lose 20 pds. I would be happy with 15. :)
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    How about we keep it simple - Every Sunday evening we can post how we have done for the week, and then weekly goals for the following week - Bridesmaid Buddy system :) Just for fun, we can have a silly, specific challenge for the week - like go up and down a flight of stairs at least 10 times this week - whoever starts the Sunday 'Bridesmaid Challenge' thread gets to pick the challenge?
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    Skinnyby29 - you were TOTALLY the inspiration for this, by the way :)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Skinnyby29 - you were TOTALLY the inspiration for this, by the way :)

Really? Lol I saw this and was like OMG no way!! I need to join! haha :)
  • curlyteach
    curlyteach Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am three weddings: june,july,and september!! I would love to join!
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    I'm in too. One wedding at the end of June as a bridesmaid, one wedding in July as a guest (but a friend from high school, so really want to look good there) and again as a bridesmaid in Sept. I'm currently doing P90X, want to loose 5 more pounds but am more focused on having good abs/mid section!!
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yay, Sunday it is... can't wait to get started.... :)