C-Sections?

Options
I had a c-section 15 months ago. Although I weigh less now than before I got pregnant, my tummy looks worse! I think it's the whole...not being able to do ANYTHING for 6 weeks after. All those lucky ladies that get to work on their tummies after giving birth...I envy you! Anyways....back on subject...has anyone tackled the dreaded C-Section tummy and won? Any tips? ANYTHING?!?! I know I still have a long ways to go, but seriously...this belly is killing me! I have most feeling back, but still a little numb at the very bottom. Someone please help me lose this belly!

Replies

• TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    You can't spot reduce but as you lose the weight it'll get a bit better. Strengthen your core now :)

I've had 3 c-sections & have a pretty decent looking stomach now. The problem for me is my thighs lol
  • svgaedtke
    svgaedtke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to see the answers you will get, as I myself have had 4 c-sections!!! And often wonder the same things.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a c-section, but I have lost all my weight from both pregnancies, and my belly still is all jell-o, squishy, and extra skin that just hangs there. I have been doing crunches, and reverse crunches, along with cardio, and it doesn't change. I seem to lose the weight everywhere else, and don't see my belly firming up at all.
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    bump!
  • AimDoubleE
    Options
    I have had 3 "normal" deliveries and 1 c-section. My c-section was 3 years ago, in March, and I'm not liking the way my tummy looks either! It was so much "easier" to lose the baby weight after my first 3 children then it was after my last. I'm really looking forward to the responses you get, maybe they can help me too!
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section almost a year ago. Right after I got my staples removed I started walking. I didn't do any core exercises until my son was almost six months. I do ab work three times a week. I just try to eat well and do a LOT of cardio. It has been shrinking as time progresses. I'm jello-y still (I still have another 50ish pounds to lose) but I do see improvement. Good luck.
  • emma44ny
    emma44ny Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have only had one c-section and I too weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant, but I think my c-section scar is actually the better looking part of things... my stomach has never been flat and I think just having been pregnant (delivered 14mos. ago) and lost weight I have what some women just have: A flabby, hard-to-get-rid-of GUT!! I am working on it the best way I know how: CARDIO. I try to get to the gym atleast 3X a week and am mixing up Tae Bo/ swimming/ running.. it's very slow going but it is deflating... I think if I worked in a few ab routines I could even get there a little faster! Good luck, and I too am anxious to see what others write.. I would love a magic solution!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I had 2 and then gained alot of weight. after the second one. I am finally losing it and don't know if I will get it all off but my tummy is definitely looking better and better and I only do aquafit and walking. Aquafit is actually great for the core. I wished I didn't give up. Just keep working on your core and it may take awhile but I bet you will kick it. I am in worse shape and I am not giving up.