Anyone lost 80+ lbs set to 1lb/wk loss?

Options
emtjmac
emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
I've recently set it to 1lb per week, this is my TDEE -20%. The first time I lost 76 lbs it was done with the loss set to 2lb. wk. I gained most of it back. I'd really like to hear from people who have done this. Thanks!

Replies

• fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    my goal is set to 1.5lb a week atm but i usually lose 2lb per week, when i've lost 60lb im going to set it to 1lb, then 0.5lb at 80lb so hopefully nothing is too drastic, its ok too lose a bit faster at the beginning if you have a lot to lose
  • emtjmac
    Options
    my goal is set to 1.5lb a week atm but i usually lose 2lb per week, when i've lost 60lb im going to set it to 1lb, then 0.5lb at 80lb so hopefully nothing is too drastic, its ok too lose a bit faster at the beginning if you have a lot to lose

Thanks
  • emtjmac
    Options
    bump
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I lost the majority of my loss almost 95 pounds one pound at a time. Recently changed it to one half per week.
  • Born_2_Lose
    Born_2_Lose Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It is recommended that you lose weight at rate of 1 lb per week. It's a rather slow process but it will stay off. I've lost 73 lbs doing it this way and have no problem keeping it off (even when I would eat crazy and gain 5 lbs here and there). The faster you lose it, the faster it will come right back on if don't keep with the healthy/exercising lifestyle.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I did my entire weight loss journey set at a pound a week. Sometimes in the beginning I lost a bit more than a pound if I was active but it has been pretty steady. Now I am losing about half a pound a week during the final stretch.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight 1 lb at a time. I'm wondering though if TDEE-20% would have made more sense, since the deficit would have gradually declined...
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I've lost the majority of my weight at about 1 lb a week. :smile:
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    i lost my 115+ lbs so far at a rate of 2lbs per week mostly but sometimes i randomly lose 3 or 4 without doing anything differently..many times .5 or 1lb...as long as i'm losing i don't care too much, it all adds up.. :)