headaches and diet pop

Options
i've been drinking lots of water of course and not drinking any calories (unless i have milk occasionally) but it seems like everytime i drink a diet pepsi (which is really rare) that i get a headache..maybe it's a coincidence but i'm not sure what are your thoughts???

Replies

• shelli1982
    Options
    Caffeine can be a migraine/headache trigger in a lot of people... maybe that is it?
  • bmommy78
    Options
    I also get TERRIBLE headaches when I drink anything diet....I think it is the aspartame in it the diet stuff....I try to drink very little diet anything
  • MinnesotaMommyof3
    Options
    Diet pops have aspartame in them. It is an artificial sweetner. For a lot of people it can cause headaches among other things. That just might be what it is. Otherwise, I agree with the other post- it could be headaches from getting of caffine.

I would still suggest having milk- do you like skim? Thats a healthier option, even if you just have a glass with dinner and some on your cereal. I'd be very careful about not having it often- its so important to have vitamin D, particularly if you live somewhere where there isn't a lot of sun in the winter months, also so important for bone health- particularly for women. Just my thoughts. You could get a calcium and vitamin D supplements too (at least 4,000 I.U.'s)
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    Diet pops have aspartame in them. It is an artificial sweetner. For a lot of people it can cause headaches among other things. That just might be what it is. Otherwise, I agree with the other post- it could be headaches from getting of caffine.

I would still suggest having milk- do you like skim? Thats a healthier option, even if you just have a glass with dinner and some on your cereal. I'd be very careful about not having it often- its so important to have vitamin D, particularly if you live somewhere where there isn't a lot of sun in the winter months, also so important for bone health- particularly for women. Just my thoughts. You could get a calcium and vitamin D supplements too (at least 4,000 I.U.'s)

yes we've had tons of snow this winter i'm pale anyways even during summer i'm not one who likes going outside or being in the sun i do like milk we buy skim milk all the time and i think i'll ditch the diet pop
    thanks everyone for your thoughts