Newish...looking for some friends...

Options
Hey y'all!

I am 34 in Colorado where everyone is thin and fit and makes it hard to look in the mirror! LOL I hope it means it will rub off on me too! I quit my job to stay home with the kids and I quit smoking, so I had been steadily gaining weight. :( But I am ready to be focused on becoming more active and getting into the best shape I can!

I would like to have some friends to help keep me on track and that I can do the same for. I am not a Debby downer so please don't you be one either!

Thanks!

Replies

• ViennaFingers
    Options
    Hey! I am newish too! I am 27 years old, and I live in South Florida. Yeah, I totally know what it is like to see so many fit and thin people around. I'm definitely an optimist, and hard worker. I look at it as a journey with some friends along the way! :laugh:
  • lisadetata
    lisadetata Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm looking for new friends too, I'm 27 and from Australia. Hope you don't mind if I add you :)
  • SmilesMiles94
    Options
    Hi :) I'm 20 and just joined. Really trying to cut my university exam stress weight I've gained in the last 2 years. Been trying DVDs and running and hope to get into a proper daily routine asap!
    Do you mind if I add you?
  • HappyButton
    Options
    Hey I'm looking for new friends too, I'm 27 and from Australia. Hope you don't mind if I add you :)

Not at all! I am glad to have ya!
  • AutumnLoraine
    Options
    Hello there! I'm new too and living in New York (lots of skinny girls here!) Anyways good luck with your weight loss :)) ~Autumn
  • HappyButton
    Options
    Hi :) I'm 20 and just joined. Really trying to cut my university exam stress weight I've gained in the last 2 years. Been trying DVDs and running and hope to get into a proper daily routine asap!
    Do you mid if I add you?

Please do! I am glad to hear your goals! we can do it together!
  • HappyButton
    Options
    Thanks! And you as well!
  • MariamRodriguez12
    Options
    Hey I'm new too!!(: feel free to add me
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, in North Carolina and always looking for new friends.
  • CaptAmerica104
    CaptAmerica104 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Im new ...you can add me if ya like. Im in NC as well
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new as well, feel free to add me! :)
  • selsav84
    selsav84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 30, the mommy of a 5 year old boy, and I live in North Florida (just moved back to florida after living in denver, co for 10 years) and i'm looking for new friends. i just joined this site, my weight has gone so far up and down so many times it's ridiculous. on a graph it would be hideous to look at. the fact that i've lost a substantial amount of weight so many times makes me realize that i can do this, but this time my goal is that i HAVE to keep it off. there's no worse feeling than going through all the trouble & effort of losing weight, only to gain it all back. please add me if you want! :)
  • moninandez
    Options
    :happy: I'm a "re-new" I tried MFP before but i quit. This is the moment and I'm doing the best I can do by my self. Every body here is to busy to support and I need it, every body need some support. You and who is in this journey can add me, I'll be happy to help and have some support too.
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    IM 36 I work full time and have a 16 month old. I could always use supportive friends. I believe in lifting my friends up not tearing them down. Feel free to add me. I could use all the support I can get. This is my second round. Two years ago I lost 83 lbs and gained it all back. This time its for good.
  • steelcitygirl24
    steelcitygirl24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me--I'm looking for some friends as well. I'm starting my journey once again. I was in a good place about a year ago, but long story short my anxiety condition came back and I fell off the fitness wagon. I feel like I'm in a good place again and am ready to change my body for the better. :)
  • tsc1205
    tsc1205 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey-- I am also new and looking for encouragement and friends! I am 53 and live in TN. My husband is retired military, so we have been stationed all over the US! We moved to TN so that my husband could teach high school in retirement. The past two years have been really stressful for me, so I have gained a lot of weight. Would love to make some friends to help me along my journey!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You can do this.
    Good luck to you.
  • kapetanfluffy
    Options
    Do you mind if I add you?

Similar thing here, I'm 22 and trying to get a healthier lifestyle while still at uni - it is not easy.
    Especially since I was never really thin or fit to begin with. Have almost 23 years of unhealthy life style routine, and it is time to change that. I've been on a bunch of quick-fix diets before, but never with a mindset I'm in it for a long run , so hopefully this time it *slowly* works.

Good luck everyone, I know I'll need it :)
  • cwainwright12
    Options
    Feel free to add me all :-)
  • Order_66
    Order_66 Posts: 35
    Options
    I am newish (heavy on the ish; back for the third time) and am determined to keep it going. I moved across country in March and settled in in June, so that has been the start of my last time being big. Always on the look out for positive people to see when I cruise me feed, as I do the same. Anyone feel free to add me. Happy Friday, y'all!!!!!!!