Bad weekend : (

Options
Hi,

This is my first post on here but I've been doing the MFP for a couple of weeks. I've done so well up until now but this weekend was bad for me. It was my little sisters birthday so my family celebrated with drinks, pizza, and cake. I had a plan on how much of each I could have but ended up going way over my calories for the past 2 days and I feel like I've let myself down. I did walk both of these days but not enough to recover the calories eaten. I was doing so good...then BAM...down I went and I got that thought in my head that said "well...you've already screwed up...might as well keep going". I feel like crap, I feel bloated from all the pizza, and now my weigh in tomorrow will most likely be bad. I guess I'm just looking for some encouraging words : (

Replies

• Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    so great i found you! it was my nephews party and ate twice what i was suppose to then messed up the next day to! so today i was good. I exercised extra today and added it to the days i was bad but it still didnt make it in the positives. dont feel bad i was -1000 calories too! but guess what?! i pulled my butt up and started eating right today! so when you fall down just get right back up again. You are trying to do a good thing for your body. If you werent dieting you would have eaten even worse. So look at the bright side. Although you werent as good as your could have been those two days you were good many other days. Your weigh in days is on monday and mine is on wednesday. I am dreading mine too. So i decided to skio mine this week. I messed up and i need time to recover. I felt awfully bloated to. So the next few days try to cu out 100 calories from your diet to make up for it and you will be fine but next monday!
  • emma44ny
    emma44ny Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. Just dust yourself off and do better tomorrow, That's all any of us can do! And don't kill yourself over it now! it's over. Let it be over. :smile:
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    Don't let one day mess everything up. We are humans and humans are not perfect. There will be a day that you go over your calories, there will be day your body will not get up and exercise, there will be day that both are going to happen. Just make tomorrow a better day. It's all about taking little steps and moving forward from the set backs. I have done this so many times I can't even count. Last year (Jan 2010) I started MFP and had so many set backs that I wanted to quit. But I didn't (thru many people on here) and ended up losing 25 pounds!! It was great. Then I had some terrible things happen in my life and got off track for 3 months, but here I am doing it again. This site is wonderful and people on here are really great. Take it one day at time and move forward!!!
  • krazeekat80
    Options
    Don't Beat yourself up, it is okay if you have a bad day or two, just pull yourself back up and start back fresh and don't give up. If we expect to not have a failure now and again we will fail all together. So smile dust yourself off and do great, I feel as you keep still trying you will do fine.
  • sandraptor
    Options
    Don't stress out over it. Just pretend it never happened a do like you have been doing. I had some bad days over the holidays and thats how I looked at it. I've lost 63lbs since September. I must be doing something right. LOL Good luck.
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    Honey, we all fall down sometimes. You've just got to get right back up, dust yourself off and keep going.
    I can't tell you how many times in the past I've had a bad day with food, and thought the same thing. It was the worst choice to make. You've done a lot in 2 weeks -- DON'T GIVE UP NOW!!

It is unrealistic to think we won't ever overshoot our calorie intake -- it happens every now and then. Keep your chin up, be strong, and start with a new day tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • cmo115
    cmo115 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my birthday....and for breakfast I made myself chocolate chip pancakes... I ate at Texas Roadhouse for lunch....Old Chicago for Supper...and now today my mom makes me cake and my grandma makes me a pie?!! How can you avoid this!?!? I mean My dad wanted to take me out..my friends wanted to...my family... etc. I did HORRIBLE. And to top it off I forgot my Turbo Jam dvd at my apt for the weekend. So basically i am feeling exactly like you. I just want to cry...when I get off track I get waaaay off. I am getting back on it though right away. We can do this together. I hate how I just keep going once I mess it up...exactly like you said. But we CAN DO IT!!
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Everyone has slip-ups from time to time. Not many people eat perfectly every single day of their lifes. So please do not feel down about this. I myself have had a great 2 week run with healthy eating and splurged on some pizza hut tonight with my family.

Focus on the good things you accomplished this weekend like going for your walks. If you feel like you might have a little extra bloat from your weekend splurge then it is totally ok to skip or hold off on this weeks weigh in. Just try your best to get back on track tomorrow with healthy eating. You can use that crappy feeling as a reminder to try to not go overboard on your splurges next time, try to remember how bad all that junky food made your body feel.

wishing you the best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • jemmajoy
    Options
    I did the same thing! it's was my birthday Friday. my fiance took me out to breakfast.. felt good.. got the good stuf.. no more then 550 calories.. lunch.. subway.. another 400.. dinner.. like 2100 plus calories.. i did my work out and with that I was neg 500 plus calories. it's all about learning. trail and error. everyone is going to have a bad day! it's what you take from it!! Please don't be hard on your self!!!
    my father was telling me that sometimes your body will need days like that to jump kick it and start to working how i needs to. breaking down that fat!! just look at it as you giving your body a job ;)
  • lattegirl
    Options
    We ALL have those days and you can't beat yourself up over it and just because you had a day or two 'off the wagon' lets say doesn't mean you throw in the towel.
    That's just a part of life. We will have days where we eat the extra piece of chocolate cake, or extra 3 beers at the pub that we shouldn't have or order the french fries when we know the salad would be the smarter choice.
    Just remember its all about day by day choice by choice and you have the great news that tomorrow you get to wake up and make NEW choices again.
    Now that's not all to say you should make the choice to eat the leftover chocolate cake tomorrow for breakfast -- but don't feel bad.
    Tomorrow morning is a NEW DAY. Heck, RIGHT NOW is a new minute.

You can do this. day by day. choice by choice. pound by pound.
  • MoMoves
    MoMoves Posts: 36
    Options
    I had a bad weekend too! But I'm putting it behind me, and starting fresh on Monday! It's all we really can do. We are human, and we are going to have bad days now and then, but we don't have to give in to those old kind of ways entirely! If you had the ability to stay as disciplined as you've been before the weekend, you have it in to start fresh tomorrow. Make up your mind and go for it! :-)
  • tjohnbhag
    Options
    Just pick up and start fresh tomorrow. I to had a bad weekend. There is still tomorrow, so there is still another chance for you to get back on track. Don't listen to that voice saying to go on and ruin all your hard work. Use "thought stoppage" and go back over the good days when you fell within your goals and calories. Thank God you don't celebrate your sister's birthday everyday right? You enjoyed yourself enough to know that it's easy to go over and the next party you will really be ready. Try and be accountable to someone that's going to keep you honest. That's always a big help. I wish you luck for the next party and meanwhile you will be fine. Get back on board and look forward to the weigh in.
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    Exactly, do not dwell on it! Keep your head up and move on to the next day... we are human,. We slip up every once in awhile. Tomorrow is another day.
  • judithlang
    Options
    We all have times when we "fall off the diet and exercise wagon" - it's not the end of the world
    Jump back on tomorrow and keep going - this is a journey and there will be ups and downs
    so hang in there - you can do it - feel free to add me as a friend if you wish - I could use some
    encouragement too :happy:
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    Wow we had pizza at my sons birthday party this weekend, and caramel corn and cake and ice cream and and and....oh my gosh. We all do it, it's ok. Dust yourself off and keep going. Isn't it wonderful that you're still here and you're looking for help? instead of giving up? we're all in this together. There are going to be lots more birthdays and holidays and special occassions, because that's life! and we have to make heatlhy eating a way of life rather than a quick fix diet. So it's ok so splash out now and again as long as it's not everyday. My weigh in is tomorrow too, but I've been here for almost 6 months now and I have several of these weekends and I've still lost weight. You just need to keep going, keep logging and keep praising yourself. You are doing so great, don't let this set you back. Hey... tomorrow is the start of a brand new week :-) have a great one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mandybelle
    mandybelle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It happened to me too this weekend. Darn football parties! Just remember that tomorrow is a new day, and it is a fresh start. I am going to add on another half an hour to my workout tomorrow to try and offset this weekend. Do not feel discouraged. We all have had and will have these days in the future.