Halfway to goal weight!

tbt280
tbt280 Posts: 5 Member
Another month, more progress! I am a 27 year old woman, mother of one awesome daughter, and I'm 5'5. I started my weight loss journey on Februrary 17th, at 200lbs with a BMI in the obese category. I have been faithfully tracking on MFP for 5 months now, with very little dedicated exercise (although I do lead an active lifestyle).

I have been taking progress photos on the 17th of each month, and just wanted to share where I'm at so far! I mostly lurk in the forums, but I have asked for help a few times and have found so much support and inspiration through this community.

I woke up this morning hoping to be at 167.5. It was kind of a personal goal I set for myself this month, and it would mean two things. The first is that it would be another 8lbs down month, which is my max goal. In fact, last month was the first month I had reached an 8lb loss! The second would be that I'd be exactly halfway to my goal weight of 135 (which might change anyways, but it felt like a special milestone to be half way).

I woke up this morning questioning if I'd even be under 170. Kind of talking myself up like, "even if I'm at 170, that is still 5lbs down this month! That's still great!" Then, the moment of truth. I did not reach 167.5. ...I BROKE IT. 166.4!!! I am literally in disbelief that I weigh 166lbs. It feels so surreal! I seriously wanted to cry. I even kept getting off and back on like, 'that can't be right!' Kind of on cloud 9 today. :smile:

Here are some progress pictures taken along the way, although they may be NSFW (underwear): http://i.imgur.com/shOpq43.jpg

Replies

• RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Awesome!!!!
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Fabulous. You're looking great.
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    I can't see your pictures but your story is BEAUTIFUL! ! !!
    You must be excited ...
    This week, I think I officially moved into another (tens place) ... from the 240 to the 230s ... OMG am I excited ... I can't wait to post my decrease (just gonna wait and make sure the scale truly stays there first )!

Congrats to you!!!!
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    That must feel amazing! Congratulations, and keep it up!
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Awesome progress! Congrats! Makes me wish I had taken better progress pics along the way.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Hip, hip, hooray!!!!
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    You look fantastic! Great job!!
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Congratulations! I can really see the progression in your photos.
    Keep up that great work and great attitude!!!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    I can't see your pictures but your story is BEAUTIFUL! ! !!
    Resized for MFP. shOpq43.jpg

Excellent. Congratulations on your success!
  • tbt280
    tbt280 Posts: 5 Member
    Resized for MFP.

Thank you!
  • kris472
    kris472 Posts: 61 Member
    I love the idea of such a simple monthly pic. And great job! Love to see the progress of others. You are such a motivation to me!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    I love the idea of such a simple monthly pic. And great job! Love to see the progress of others. You are such a motivation to me!
    That IS a good idea! Wish I'd thought of it.
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Awesome job! Congrats!
  • kfheston78
    kfheston78 Posts: 82 Member
    Congrats! You look great! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!