Cardio Kickboxing

Options
I want to try some new videos that involve cardio type kickboxing. I mostly use Jillian Michaels videos right now and I am looking to change it up a bit. I tried a couple tae bo videos and I was just lost and uncoordinated. Does anyone one have any other video suggestions?

Replies

• MACJL
    MACJL Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Turbo Jam. I know most people say it's all cardio but there are strength videos in the series also. I have seen some use the Turbo Fire. I have looked into getting that for variety, but it's mostly cardio and my TJ does that AND it's fun. The initial video is 5 workouts including a 20 minute workout showing you here main moves, it's really awesome. I got mine at Beachbody.com.

I can use my heart rate monitor and I usually get at least 325 calorie burn on most 45 minute Cardio Parties, more if I use my weighted gloves. Started back up about a month ago and have already lost 8 overall inches :bigsmile:
  • nicolemviolette
    nicolemviolette Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Try Fitness Blender videos. There are so many on YouTube and there are some really good kickboxing ones. They're easy enough but a great workout and they even usually have a rough estimate of how many calories you're burning on the screen.
  • missyahall2
    missyahall2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    TURBO FIRE
  • Mad4282
    Mad4282 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Les Mills Combat!
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Jillian Michaels (if you don't already know) has her own DVD of Kickbox Fast Fix, and it is brilliant! I'm rubbish with coordination, but picked up the moves really quickly - I do it a couple of times a week now and love it :) - there are three levels that really get your heart rate going!
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    Jillians Kickbox Fastfix is FUN! and has some toning in there too.

I found an older video of hers on youtube...Kickbox Fastfix..straight cardio..but also lots of fun and fast paced. I tried alittle of Turbo Jam, but found it required alittle more coordination then Jillian's videos..Id love to continue with it one day..but I ended up turning it off half way through..it was incrediably frustrating for me!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is awesome! So I second that as an option for you. Chalene Johnson is the one who made the videos - she has Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Turbo Kick, ChaLean Extreme, and Piyo. When I was doing Turbo Jam regularly, the change and in my body was amazing - trying to get back into it. The Turbo Kick is great too, a little less dancy-fun and more sporty. Piyo is new and is not kickboxing but a mix of pilates and yoga and strengthening - it's pretty awesome - I am doing that one now. The others I haven't tried yet but heard they are kick *kitten*! Check them all out - you can usually find previews of the videos online. Enjoy. Finding what you love is what will keep you going. Good luck!
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender
  • kempojoe
    kempojoe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Be Careful!!! Kickboxing videos taught by "Non-Kickboxers" can cause injury. if you want to do kickboxing I can only recommend Tai-Bo. Billy Blanks was a real life professional kickboxer and a damn good one as well.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Good old fashion Billy Blanks and his Tae-Bo! I've had great success with his workout DVD's.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Try Fitness Blender videos. There are so many on YouTube and there are some really good kickboxing ones. They're easy enough but a great workout and they even usually have a rough estimate of how many calories you're burning on the screen.

^^^This...love them.
  • mzwlms3
    mzwlms3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Turbo fire is excellent. But I have recently been doing Cardio Kickboxing by Jeanette Jenkins. Its a 89 minute workout and I do 30 at at time because its so intense, but IT IS GOOD!!! and her music is good. Try it out! Google it and you will find it. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00AEF8BC0/ultiweiglosso-20
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I love Jeanette Jenkins' (The Hollywood Trainer) cardio kickboxing videos (Cardio Kickboxing, Kickboxing Bootcamp, Super-Charged Kickbox Party).
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I struggled at first with the tae bo ones but if you keep at it you will pick it. There are a few different ones, so maybe try another one? He really does know what he is doing and i soon saw a big difference in my body
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Look for TaeBo workout that are around 30 min. Those are his easier workouts, and doesn't move at such a frantic speed. He really is a good instructor, and was the one that got me interested in kickboxing. Chris Freytag has a 40 min. kickboxing workout on youtube. The moves are easy to pick up. Look for Jessica Smith on youtube also, she has some kickboxing/sculpting workouts on there that are really good.
  • herewego85
    herewego85 Posts: 76
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everybody! I am going to check out a few of these videos and see which ones I would like to try. Thank you for all the great suggestions.