Kinect Fitness Games - Worth the $$$?

Options
Hey everyone!

I recently received the Kinect + Your (My?) Shape as a Christmas gift. I can already tell that I won't be able to go very far with just "Your Shape", as I know I will get bored of it. I generally do HIIT/HITT workouts, circuit training in the gym, and play sports, or hit the pavement for my cardio, so I want to know if anyone has tried any of the other Kinect workout games available, and in your opinion, are they worth the money? Do you feel like you get a "real" workout from them? I know that Kinect workouts will never replace the gym for me, but it's always nice to have a back-up plan for those days when motivation is lacking or the gym is just not any option! Namely, I'm interested in the below titles:

- Zumba Fitness
- EA Sports Active 2
- Dance Central
- Biggest Loser Workout

Any feedback and suggestions anyone can provide is much appreciated!

Replies

• finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Im in the exact same position you are- would love to hear what people have to say!
  • tgch123
    tgch123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Zumba Fitness is pretty good. I have done the actual classes and the game is right up there with the classes.
  • danksj
    danksj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have Dance Central, EA Sports Active 2, and Zumba Fitness.

Dance Central is fun, but I don't feel that it is a great workout. I don't burn that many calories while doing it and there is a lot of down time while waiting for different songs to load.

EA Sports Active 2 I just bought yesterday and it kicked my butt today. I would highly recommend it. There is a good combination of strength and cardio activities and it keeps you moving the entire time. Today was my first workout so they took some time to show exactly how to do each exercise and it was very sensitive to how you are doing each exercise and won't give you credit for completing it if you aren't doing it exactly right. Great workout in my opinion.

Zumba was very fun. It was definitely a better workout than Dance Central. I think as I learn the moves (also just bought yesterday) it will be a better and better workout. I was usually behind or not doing the right thing but I just tried to keep moving. There was no downtime as it went from song to song.

I am planning on using Active 2 and Zumba as my "main" workouts (alternating days) and using Dance Central more for fun!

Hope that helps!
  • aeryn69
    aeryn69 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've got the Your Shape Fitness thing and Dance Central. Although I haven't found where it is yet apparently Dance Central has a workout mode on it.