Naked race tips

Options
BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
I've entered a race in which all participants will be running naked. Nude. Starkers. In their birthday suits. As nature intended.

Did you know a collective noun for tigers is a streak? Or that there are only 300 Sumatran tigers left in the wild?

London Zoo's "Streak For Tigers" race raises awareness of its work with tigers by having 300 humans - many painted suitably stripy - streak through Regent's Park completely starkers. You'll be delighted to hear that the zoo is private land so I won't be hauled away for public indecency!

Have you ever run naked? What tips can you offer?

How will I cope without my industrial-strength sports bra? Should I practice by running nude round my living room? Where do I stop when applying sun cream? How do I keep my gaze at eye level?

All suggestions gratefully received!

Replies

• WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I have ran naked while running from the cops after breaking into the clubhouse pool for a skinny dip. It's something else lol I say get your practice in lol
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    HA! You crack me up! In for tips! :flowerforyou: You are going to do just fine in your race.. GO YOU!!!! :drinker:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    There was a post about naked running yesterday. The OP couldn't believe it was a thing, but some people had some tips and tricks in the thread.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1359895-seriously

Good luck to your bouncing mounds! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I haven't run naked, but my tip would be VASELINE.

Also, I believe some nude races make an exception for (a) running shoes (and socks, if preferred) and (b) bras for ladies who would be in pain without one.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Avoid sand.

*shudder*
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Avoid sand.

*shudder*

I had a chill go up my spine just thinking about sand and you poor ladies. :noway:
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask if you get to wear trainers or not...?
  • ALambino
    ALambino Posts: 22
    Options
    Don't run past any schools
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I've entered a race in which all participants will be running naked. Nude. Starkers. In their birthday suits. As nature intended.

Did you know a collective noun for tigers is a streak? Or that there are only 300 Sumatran tigers left in the wild?

London Zoo's "Streak For Tigers" race raises awareness of its work with tigers by having 300 humans - many painted suitably stripy - streak through Regent's Park completely starkers. You'll be delighted to hear that the zoo is private land so I won't be hauled away for public indecency!

Have you ever run naked? What tips can you offer?

How will I cope without my industrial-strength sports bra? Should I practice by running nude round my living room? Where do I stop when applying sun cream? How do I keep my gaze at eye level?

All suggestions gratefully received!

Sorry, usually when I am running naked its because I have had too much to drink and do not remember much between the blackout periods.

I would imagine slow and steady wins the race?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    I recommend holding your boobies the whole time.
    This sounds hilarious by the way!
    Men holding their junk, ladies holding their girls - all whilst running. Bwhahahaa.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha, this is awesome! Well done you for doing this, tigers are wonderful animals.

Seriously I would just have to hold my boobs the whole way, how long is the run?
  • BerryH
    Options
    Here is the coverage from last year (from a national newspaper but mildly NSFW for bare bottoms).

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/16/gallery-streak-for-tigers-naked-run-through-zsl-london-zoo-3925889/
  • BerryH
    Options
    I was going to ask if you get to wear trainers or not...?
    Yes, that and a wristband for your luggage, and entry comes with a tiger mask if you want to stay anonymous. Oh, and a couple of temporary tattoos!

I was thinking of wearing my barefoot trainers for a giggle.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i dont get how people can walk around with no shoes on. if i was a caveman i never would have left the cave. i cant imagine having to run away from a t-rex through woods with sticks and stones everywhere and stepping on them.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I used to go to Hedonism and Hippy Hollow (nudy places). I as pretty fit then.. That should be a new goal for me... looking good at a nudist camp. Good luck to you..
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Sunglasses? so people don't see you staring at their goods?
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do a race like that! A friend of mine just sent info about one. Too bad there's not one around here!
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I used to go to Hedonism and Hippy Hollow (nudy places). I as pretty fit then.. That should be a new goal for me... looking good at a nudist camp. Good luck to you..

I've been to Hippie Hollow several times when visiting Texas and have really enjoyed it.
  • BerryH
    Options
    Welp, I'm committed now (committed? I should be!), it's next Thursday:
    https://www.justgiving.com/BereniceBaker/

While celebrating the body in all its shapes and sizes, I looked at last year's photos and scared myself silly at the reality of 300 naked people all in one place!