Pcos, not overweight but bloated and chunky

Options
Hi,
I have pcos, I've always been slim luckily but recently I have been starting to put on weight. Only around my tummy, it feels hard and chunky. I have a very boxy shape at the moment, and look what I can only describe as skinny fat.
is there any way I can change my diet to not lose too much weight but just the bloated tummy pudge? I am currently, 9 stone and 5ft 7.
I eat mostly carbs and am finding it hard to up my protein. I am pescetarian so no red or white meat just fish.

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Resistance and lifting training. Pop over to the fitness board there are some knowledgeable people who can give you more specific advice
  • livingwithpcos
    Options
    Hey again, as I mentioned in my message I also have PCOS and I am not that overweight (5ft6 and 147Ibs). People with PCOS tend to gain weight around the tummy area due to hormonal imbalance. Thankfully, you are not obese because one of the leading causes of obesity is PCOS and there is a much greater struggle, generally, with weight for people with PCOS.

It is advisable to go on a low carb diet if you have PCOS (sad, I know :'( ) I love carbs, so I try to limit my intake to complex carbs (such as multigrains) and fruits when I eat it with fat or protein (doesn't cause as much of an insulin spike)
    A lot of people with PCOS (including myself) are on Metformin which helps with the insulin resistance. I have only been taking it for 3 weeks so I can't comment on its effectiveness on weightloss but it has helped some people.

Good luck