Size 14 to size 2 :)

Options
Have been waiting to make this post for a while haha. After years of struggling with my weight and always being the "chubby" friend, I am finally "the skinny friend." I went from a size 14 to a size 2 in 6 months. For reference, I'm a 5'7 female who started at 178 and am now 120 pounds. I never in my life thought I'd see that number on the scale--I always justified my weight by claiming "I have a big frame." What I didn't actually realize is that my frame isn't necessarily big--it was just covered in excess body fat! Anyways, for all of you struggling out there, keeping with it! It really is true that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Replies

• AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Pictures! Please :flowerforyou:

And congrats :)
  • jdb281
    jdb281 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! That's an amazing transformation in such a short period of time!! Can I ask about your nutrition, exercise, and most important...what did you do to stay motivated!! My stats are VERY similar...5' 6" 182 # and wanting to get to my goal of 130 by Christmas. So any tips are much appreciated!!
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!

That's amazing.
  • GuineaPiglet
    GuineaPiglet Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow....that's quick!! I want to lose around 40 and I think it will take the better part of a year. Well done!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    So you lost (about) 10 pounds a month.

I'd like to hear the rest of this story.
  • FutureMrsOxley
    Options
    Great job!!!!! keep up the great work!!!!!! I cant wait to right my sucess story im almost there!!!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Uh huh. :huh:
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Uh huh. :huh:

I agree. I am somewhat skeptical of this post.
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It really is true that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

cheesecake. your argument is invalid.
  • kiesha22001
    kiesha22001 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

+1 if it's NY style cheesecake!
  • kiesha22001
    kiesha22001 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Have been waiting to make this post for a while haha.

I'm curious how long "a while" is as the account was created within the last 18 days...
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278
    Options
    Have been waiting to make this post for a while haha. After years of struggling with my weight and always being the "chubby" friend, I am finally "the skinny friend." I went from a size 14 to a size 2 in 6 months. For reference, I'm a 5'7 female who started at 178 and am now 120 pounds. I never in my life thought I'd see that number on the scale--I always justified my weight by claiming "I have a big frame." What I didn't actually realize is that my frame isn't necessarily big--it was just covered in excess body fat! Anyways, for all of you struggling out there, keeping with it! It really is true that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Congratulations and please be careful. That is a really quick weight loss and you are quite thin (it usually takes so much longer to loose those last few lbs) I saw you have 3 more lbs to go and currently you are at a BMI of 18.8 with 18.5 being underweight. Keep up the good work but please do not spoil your success with unhealthy goals
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278
    Options
    No pics and a goal weight that puts the OP in the underweight category makes me wonder about this post.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options

Sushi.

omfg sushi. the flava makes me weep. T_T
  • carriecoo
    carriecoo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That's aweome! I also went from a very tight 12 to a 4. I lost 37 lbs since January. I am 5' 51/2" and now weigh 125 and I am 51 yrs old! Its is exciting. At my age I thought this was it but its not it. Its what I make it! Way to go!
  • laura102281
    laura102281 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if your post is serious or not, but 120 for your hight is quiet low. My daughter is 13 and wears size one...lol...doens't sound healthy for a grown woman.
  • cthomas4579
    cthomas4579 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thats AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!! #Winning
  • briquea1
    briquea1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is Awesome! I hope I can do that. What is your secret? Any tips?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!