When you "need" dessert

Options
HeidiCooksSupper
HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
When one "needs" desserts, fruit clafoutis are great. They are easy to make and lower in flour and sugar than things like pie and cake. I'm making a rhubarb clafouti tonight from this recipe: http://www.thekitchn.com/spring-dessert-recipe-roasted-145378

The whole recipe is just over 1000 calories and is baked in an 8x8 inch pan, easily cut into 4, 6 or 8 servings. Good served warm or cold.

Replies

• zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been making banana and peanut butter "ice cream," which is just

-peanut butter
    -almond milk
    -yogurt
    -banana

I just blend it, freeze it for about an hour or two and enjoy. It's so satisfying.

Clafoutis sounds so delicious! I think I'll try one with mixed berries.
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    When one "needs" desserts, fruit clafoutis are great. They are easy to make and lower in flour and sugar than things like pie and cake. I'm making a rhubarb clafouti tonight from this recipe: http://www.thekitchn.com/spring-dessert-recipe-roasted-145378

The whole recipe is just over 1000 calories and is baked in an 8x8 inch pan, easily cut into 4, 6 or 8 servings. Good served warm or cold.

What time should we be over?
  • rockstrong
    rockstrong Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    just checked out your recipe. Can't wait to make it - thanks!
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    http://heidipowell.net/8180/powell-pack-popsicles/

This is my favorite dessert when I need to have something sweet.

What you’ll need:
    Each recipe makes 8 Popsicles
    - 2 cups coconut water
    - 2 cups fruit
    - Popsicle molds

What you’ll do:
    - Cut up your fruit into small pieces
    - Place fruit in the Popsicle molds to about ¾ full
    - Pour the coconut water over the fruit, filling it the rest of the way
    - Freeze for about 5-8 hours
    -Enjoy!

Each Popsicle contains:
    34.5 Calories • 0.25 g Fat • 7.75 g Carbs • 0.3 g Protein
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been making banana and peanut butter "ice cream," which is just

-peanut butter
    -almond milk
    -yogurt
    -banana

I just blend it, freeze it for about an hour or two and enjoy. It's so satisfying.

Clafoutis sounds so delicious! I think I'll try one with mixed berries.
    THAT SOUNDS SO GOOD I WISH MY MOM WASN'T ALLERGIC TO PEANUTS :sad:
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Clafoutis sounds like an illness or something...LOL I have to see a pic!! Post em when you're done making them!!
  • rockstrong
    rockstrong Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Heidi, I made your Clafoutis recipe. Served it right out of the oven. My family and I really enjoyed it. Reminded me of my time in France. Great idea to post! Thanks so much.
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    Can't wait to try!
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When I just need dessert I like to make what I call Banana Nut Bread Shakes. I use 2 medium real ripe banana's. 1 cup 1%milk or less to make them thicker and approxiamately 3 cups of Kroger Deluxe Churned no sugar added 40% less fat Butter Pecan Ice Cream. Blend this all together and you have a wonderful shake that serve about four 8oz servings at under 300 calories. I thinks it's about 275. Soooo Yummy!