Help please

Options
Im 5'2 and weigh 158 so as you can imagine i look like an oompa loompa. I want to lose 36lbs in 22 weeks. I can't afford a gym or exercise equipment except my 5lb weights.

What should i do to lose this weight?

What's some exercises that will burn 500+ calories?

Any advice.?

I already eat 5small meals a day and drink PLENTY of water. I eat lots of veggies and fruits. Want to lose up to 2lbs a week tho

Replies

• paulagabay
    Options
    Jullian Michael's 30 day shred and walking is my reccommendation. You should be able to burn 500 calories in an hour like that and keep up the good clean eating.
  • hjacenko
    hjacenko Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do zumba. You can find cheap classes or the dvd set is $60. You can burn up to 600 cals a hour.
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Welcome!! I really like the Jillian Michaels DVD'S-30 day shred is a great one!! It is only about a 30 minutes though so the calories burned are about 300ish. She has a couple of other great workout DVD'S out there :) Good Luck!!
  • Lokitaa21
    Options
    I have the 30-day shred dvd just havent tryed it yet
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    ditto the zumba...

keep it real...get a pedometer and click 10k plus daily (I'll hit 14k or more w/workouts)

water should be half your weight in ounces...don't cheat here

and get protein to replenish after intense workouts...

an HRM is optimal for serious weight loss...

Most of all, love yourself & keep focused.
  • sweldud
    sweldud Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    if you have a wii, there is a just dance 1 and 2 games that are really fun and really good workouts. Or bike rides are fun and a good way to burn calories. :) Good luck!
  • bordersvm
    Options
    ZUMBA!!!! you will burn sooo many calories doing zumba, plus it's FUN!!! :happy:
  • theatr3geek
    Options
    Hey friend :D Exercise is really the only thing you can do. If you can't go to a gym or buy equipment, of course it will be harder, but it isn't impossible. I don't know where you live, but you can always go for a run with your 5 lb weights! Also, if you have a bike, it's helpful :) Just try to move about as much as possible during daily activities. Also, to tone, try any of these exercises

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/butt/exercises/our-top-10-exercises-to-tone-your-butt/
  • lewoo
    lewoo Posts: 2
    Options
    have a look at the 'exercise' section of this website and have a search for activities you like to do. It's great cos it shows you how many cals you'll burn when you do however many minutes you type in.

If you don't wanna spend money, mix it up and do a couple of sessions a day - eg. 30min walk (200 ish cal)... 10min strength or circuit activities like situps/jumping/holds/squats.

If you haven't done much exercise before - use your own body weight in exercises...like squats and lunges are really good, not only because you won't be overly exerting your muscles, but also because your thigh muscles are the largest other than your tummy muscles. If you build those muscles, you'll have a greater number of cells to metabolise bodyfat. :)

Good luck. It might fluctuate how much u lose each week, but 1lb at a time and stay happy :D
  • sweating_it_off
    sweating_it_off Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    check out this site, it will give you workouts that done require any machines or equipment :)

http://gainfitness.com/
  • Final7
    Final7 Posts: 11
    Options
    I found interval training the best free exercise and I just went at it hard or added hills when I needed a boost...I also went high intensity bushwalk/hicking with my daughter (16-20lbs) on my back however you can just carry a weighted pack!

I have heard Zumba is really good and you maybe able to get some second hand DVDs from ebay?
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is what I'm doing now. It is working but it only burns about 200 calories. If you are up for a challenge, P90X is amazing!! I love that workout!!!
  • silvereyes01
    silvereyes01 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like Hip Hop Abs, and my friends really love Turbo Jam. With Turbo Jam you can burn about 1000 calories!
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Hit the pavement

Walking is good to start with from there you can build up to a jog over time
  • AnnaLeigh85
    AnnaLeigh85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, Zumba is really fun. I also want to do a ton of hiking when it gets warmer which burns a ton of calories. Keep in mind that even cleaning your house can burn quit a bit. I am not able to fit in a ton of workouts because I am so busy, but staying on track with my eating helps a ton. I eat a lot of whole grains and such, which I think helps. You can do it!