I got to firtst GOAL ...

I know it isn't much but my first goal was 240 lbs. which was over all 16 lbs. Just excited about the progress..... :) Ready for my next goal of 220lbs. I am trying to do this for many reasons. One of which is my health and I would love to feel better about myself. I wanna look in the mirror and enjoy what I see, not that I am ashamed of my weight but...... I am hoping that the weight lose will help me with my energy level and ability to be more active. :smile: :smile:

Replies

• accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Good job! Every goal hit is motivation for the future. I always set highly achievable goals for myself so I can hit them and set a new goal. Its no fun if you say...I want to lose 1 million pounds and be as big as arnold cuz i'll never get there.

Keep it up! The lighter you get, the easier everything becomes! Except floating in water...that gets harder...
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    THAT'S AN AWESOME ACCOMPLISHMENT
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    That's awesome! I too am setting achievable goals rather than saying, I want to lose 143 pounds. You want to wha???? No, that's not possible. Well, 25 pounds is possible and that is what I am aiming for. When I get there, I'll choose another goal. In the end it all goes away and we get to where we want to be. So, you go girl! Good on you!!!!!
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Great work now keep going. I started at 255 and after a couple weeks I thought to myself, "wouldn't it be great to get back to the 230's again?". I did that and then a couple weeks later I was like "It is going to feel like a REAL accomplishment to get in the 220s again"..done then a few weeks later I was like "I couldn't even imagine being in the 2 teens again" and I hit 215 last week. I think if I hit my goal of under 200 I am going to cry.

It takes time and EFFORT but the hi you get emotionally is worth it.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    No goal is too small, that's the beauty of life. Congratulations on hitting your first goal, now it's time to start working on the next. A word to the wise though, make some goals away from the scale or the size of your clothes like trying a new fruit or vegetable each week or walking a certain distance. Another thing is to reward yourself, something small as a reminder to yourself how amazing you are.

Editing to add rewards of food are not a good idea.

Some of my smaller rewards were:
    Fun summer nail polish for my toes
    New fun cup for my water - side effect you'll drink more water. :)

Some of my larger rewards:
    New running sneakers - did this when I ran my first mile nonstop
    Garmin GPS tracker - when I reached my I FEEL GREAT zone (turns out that was 15lbs below my goal weight)

There were many others in there but I just thought that might give you something to think about. Congrats again!
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Congrats to you on the hard work. It is a really good feeling and I cannot wait to get to onederland. I know I am gonna cry my eyes out. Not far to go and working hard and one day you will be able to say the same thing! Little goals at a time are the best I think.
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 484 Member
    Great job!!! Keep up your hard work.:wink:
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    I am picking up what you are putting down!

I wanted to lose 10lbs...did that....so then, I thought, hmm...how about 10% of my starting weight...yep, did that too. Now working on losing 25lbs (4 more to go)....

I also set fitness goals, working out 3-4 times a week. completing a 5k training program, running a 5k. Done those.

For some it's slow, steady and repetitive; for others, it's constant change and challenge. The key is finding what works best for you. Sounds like you've done that, great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!