Whole30 +lifting heavy+running... lost weight but no inches

Options
I am a female, 22 years old and 5 foot 6 inches tall.

At the beginning of Whole 30:
Weight: 145 lbs
Waist: 31
Hips: 38
Thigh: 20
Timed workout: 6min 43 sec

During Whole 30: Crossfit 6 days a week ( my gym does 1 heavy lift a day before the normal crossfit workouts),. I also Ran and hiked outside the gym. I was not new to lifting.

After Whole30:
Weight: 134.2lbs (-11lbs)
Waist: 31 (same)
Hips: 37 (-1inch)
Thigh: 21.5 (+1.5 inches)
Timed workout: 6min 19 sec

Deadlift: +30lb PR
Squat: +10lb PR
Press: +10lb PR

If anyone could shed some light on this that would be helpful. At the moment i am feeling pretty discouraged. I really enjoyed this type of eating and workout plan, but if it isn't going to change my body recomposition i don't know if i should do another month of it.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    misread the question...

it could be that you have just lost internal fat at this point. just keep going with it, eventually the measurements will catch up with the scale
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are measuring at the exact same location every time? Were your thighs swollen or were you retaining water during your after measurements? How do your clothes fit? Are you seeing increased definition in your arms, legs, shoulders (places where you are not measuring but where you could be losing fat)?
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You don't lose "inches" just where you measure. You can't dictate where your body pulls fat from. You lost weight in places you likely didn't even think about.

I was putting on deodorant yesterday and the damn thing dipped so low into my underarm that I was almost alarmed. I realize quickly though that "oh, wow, I guess my armpit fat is almost gone". Who measures the density of their armpit fat? T
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    I am a female, 22 years old and 5 foot 6 inches tall.

At the beginning of Whole 30:
    Weight: 145 lbs
    Waist: 31
    Hips: 38
    Thigh: 20
    Timed workout: 6min 43 sec

During Whole 30: Crossfit 6 days a week ( my gym does 1 heavy lift a day before the normal crossfit workouts),. I also Ran and hiked outside the gym. I was not new to lifting.

After Whole30:
    Weight: 134.2lbs (-11lbs)
    Waist: 31 (same)
    Hips: 37 (-1inch)
    Thigh: 21.5 (+1.5 inches)
    Timed workout: 6min 19 sec

Deadlift: +30lb PR
    Squat: +10lb PR
    Press: +10lb PR

If anyone could shed some light on this that would be helpful. At the moment i am feeling pretty discouraged. I really enjoyed this type of eating and workout plan, but if it isn't going to change my body recomposition i don't know if i should do another month of it.

You lost 11 lbs in a month! The weight has to come from somewhere. My guess is it's just one of those places you're not taking measurements at. If you enjoy the program, are getting stronger and losing weight...keep doing it!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    armpit fat :laugh:

also inside of knees is another place.

OP just know that you're on the right track eventually it'll show where you're measuring :drinker:
  • fallinlove_notinline
    Options
    armpit fat :laugh:

also inside of knees is another place.

OP just know that you're on the right track eventually it'll show where you're measuring :drinker:

A lot of people were trying to convince me that i potentially lost lean body mass and gained fat.... so i needed the mfp army to negate this. Thankyou
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Don't see a bust measurement. That was the first thing to go for me :( . Keep at it, you are doing great!!
  • rmb040
    rmb040 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Girl I tried the Whole30 and failed miserably - I couldnt keep up with all of the eating restrictions! Seems to me you're doing everything right and I agree it could be just where you're taking measurements and where you're personally concerned about your body.

Maybe I'll have to try the Whole30 again. I think an 11 pound loss is amazing and an incredible amount in that time period when it sounds like you didn't really have too much to lose! Keep at it!