Size 14 to size 2 :)

Options

Replies

• Veganvibesss
    Veganvibesss Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    wow congrats im so jealous im your starting weight trying to be your finish but i workout everyday burn about 800 cals and eat healthy and im still not losing weight! :( what did you do and how many calories did you eat ?
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but that seems right if it's a keto diet? I've seen results like that with those kinds of diets.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but that seems right if it's a keto diet? I've seen results like that with those kinds of diets.

No.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    No pics and a goal weight that puts the OP in the underweight category makes me wonder about this post.

yeah me too. My first thought was um... not a good idea to the 1 lost it fast and 2 lost too much. 120 is underweight for 5'7"
  • j_arens
    j_arens Posts: 16
    Options
    I didn't initially want to respond to this post because I didn't want to fuel the negativity/"haters" haha.

But I'm going to respond because I do want to give hope to those of you who are struggling like I was, and I want you guys to know it IS possible.

First of all, while not easy, losing 10 pounds a month is possible, considering weight loss is all a mathematical equation. It works out to about 2.5 pounds a week.

How I did it:

1) I cut out sugar and non-vegetable carbohydrates as much as possible
    2) exercised (cardio) 6x a week for an hour. This was moderate intensity exercise (cardio classes at the gym or elliptical at level 10/11)
    3) limited calorie intake to 1200 calories daily

It's actually fairly simple.
  • j_arens
    Options
    Also, according to my BMI at least, I am within the "healthy" weight range, so I'm confused as to why people are claiming I'm underweight?
  • smileypeaches
    smileypeaches Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Uh huh. :huh:

I agree. I am somewhat skeptical of this post.

Why are you skeptical? I believe her. I lost 53 in 3 months so it is totally possible
  • smileypeaches
    smileypeaches Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Also, according to my BMI at least, I am within the "healthy" weight range, so I'm confused as to why people are claiming I'm underweight?

I don't see why either....According to all the "healthy" weight range charts I should weight 125-135 and I am 5'8". You are perfectly fine in the range. Good job cutting out the sugar and sticking to your calories.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Beautifulbridgittlee7 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who's 5'7 and 120-125 and no one's complained about her being underweight, she's happy with it, and looks healthy slim.
  • j_arens
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys :))) I don't know what the point would be in making this up? lol
  • ds1007
    ds1007 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - I'm a few years older but the same height. I was 118 when I graduated from high school & constantly got comments about how I was too skinny, but I ran daily as a track star, so it was kinda of a nonissue for me.

I graduated college around 150, and got married 2 years later at 155. I liked that weight, but wanted to lose about 10 to 15 pounds.

Fast forward, I topped out at 212 about 2 years ago. I managed to get down to 167, and to put on about 20 in the last year. I'm restarting & shooting for 140. We'll see what happens along the way.

Congrats to you - if you are happy at 120 screw what everyone else says. It's not unhealthy if you are in shape & eating right!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    No pics and a goal weight that puts the OP in the underweight category makes me wonder about this post.

yeah me too. My first thought was um... not a good idea to the 1 lost it fast and 2 lost too much. 120 is underweight for 5'7"

The healthy weight range for 5'7 is 118-158. So no, it's not underweight.
  • Rays_Wife
    Options

Why do you constantly come into every post with your negativity? So uncalled for. If you don't like it, move along. Your level of snark is amazing. It's exactly why I deleted you off my friends list. Oh, and reported.
  • Rays_Wife
    Options
    So you lost (about) 10 pounds a month.

I'd like to hear the rest of this story.

And here you come again, being the sidekick to the snark.....this gets sooooo old :yawn:
  • Rays_Wife
    Options
    CONGRATS OP ON YOUR SUCCESS!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Oh really? And your basis for that is...?

I'm 5'7, fluctuate around 130-135lbs, and would not be "underweight" if I got down to 120lbs.
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Fat2Fit_imready Posts: 363 Member
    Options

Why do you constantly come into every post with your negativity? So uncalled for. If you don't like it, move along. Your level of snark is amazing. It's exactly why I deleted you off my friends list. Oh, and reported.

I agree, i seen her posts around and some of them ARE uncalled for!! hhmmm Negative Nancy i guess!!
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm the same height aiming for the same goal (and was high 180s at my highest), but much more slowly.
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Fat2Fit_imready Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I didn't initially want to respond to this post because I didn't want to fuel the negativity/"haters" haha.

But I'm going to respond because I do want to give hope to those of you who are struggling like I was, and I want you guys to know it IS possible.

First of all, while not easy, losing 10 pounds a month is possible, considering weight loss is all a mathematical equation. It works out to about 2.5 pounds a week.

How I did it:

1) I cut out sugar and non-vegetable carbohydrates as much as possible
    2) exercised (cardio) 6x a week for an hour. This was moderate intensity exercise (cardio classes at the gym or elliptical at level 10/11)
    3) limited calorie intake to 1200 calories daily

It's actually fairly simple.

Congrats hun and making it to your goal! I'm sure you look AMAZING!!! You obviously above the rude comments and that's great!! You have nothing to prove to anyone, just yourself!! :bigsmile:
  • teenie_71
    teenie_71 Posts: 44
    Options

I noticed this too. Seems like that's all the words she knows is "uh huh" LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!