What don't you log?

Options
earlnabby
earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
I am very meticulous about my weighing, measuring, and logging but there are a couple of things I don't log:

1) Calorie free salad dressing. It has sodium but I am usually under so I don't worry about it

2) Sugar free gum and mints

3) lately I have not been logging my cherry tomatoes. I pick them and pop them into my mouth right away so they never make it into the house to be added to a meal. I then forget to log them. Yummmmmmm, fresh tomatoes off the vine and still warm from the sun :love:

What don't you log?

Replies

• __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Water. I log everything else.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Water. I log everything else.

Same here.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything that has 0 calories. No point since the numbers are all that matters.

EDIT: I also don't log when I go out to eat at sit-down restaurants (which is very rare). It's too much of a hassle considering the lack of nutrition info available and one day in 2 months doesn't matter.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I log everything.
  • brando79az
    brando79az Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Spices. I don't log them.

Also, I don't log the pink sweeteners I use in my coffee.

Pretty much everything else.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I don't (usually) log things like the 2 tablespoons of pickles jalapenos on a burger, 1/2 cup spinach on a sammich, or a few bell pepper pieces thrown into a salad. Mainly out of laziness I suppose.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Water, I drink lots but don't log it. Anything with 0 cals as can't see the point. I tend to guesstimate some veg (spinach, kale etc) as well rather than weigh everything (higher cal stuff like squash, beetroot etc I weigh & log though).
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Vitamins.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the gum. Tea. Some coffee. Spices. No stick cooking sprays. Calorie free sweeteners.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    zero calorie foods or drinks. I do mark my water though.
    gum
    ketchup.

Yes, I know that ketchup has calories.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    alot of the time i dont log at all. i just look up the calories if i have to (im getting pretty good at remembering the calories in my typical food items, and i dont have a very diverse food selection) and keep a mental tab. its worked pretty well so far, i have only plateaued recently due to sloppy weekends and drinking (which admittedly probably wouldnt happen if i was more strict with my logging, but whatev)
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Nothing I eat that doesn't have a calorie count.

Small walks, anything 20 min. or under, light housekeeping, or anything else that is not an actual workout.
  • teenie_71
    teenie_71 Posts: 44
    Options
    I dont log food, just exercise
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I suck at logging water. I don't log medications either.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My logging is an estimation. Mainly because I don't own a food scale but also because I just don't care about the exact calories in things. I'm just looking to make sure I am getting enough nutrients/my macros and that i'm vaguely somewhere between BMR and TDEE.

Sometimes I forget to count things so I have to try to estimate how many grapes would fill a bowl half way etc. I don't nitpick low calorie healthy stuff but fats I tend to pay attention to more and measure because they add up.
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I don't log lifting.
  • sandryc
    sandryc Posts: 33
    Options
    I don't log my gummy vitamins (10 calories a day)

I often drink *much* more water than I give myself credit for on MFP. I tend to just forget about it, or constantly drink/refill through the day and lose track of how many refills I have gone through.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Anything I eat after 9pm.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Vitamins.

Gee, I wonder if I can count my cherry tomatoes as a vitamin K supplement?
  • segastler
    segastler Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Water, alcohol, and sex.

Usually my alcohol is outweighed by the sex.