Replies

• j_arens
    j_arens Posts: 16
    Options
    thank you! :)
  • lomajess
    lomajess Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am completely jealous of your dedication. i always seem to fall off the wagon D: but hopefully i can change that, good job!
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Have been waiting to make this post for a while haha. After years of struggling with my weight and always being the "chubby" friend, I am finally "the skinny friend." I went from a size 14 to a size 2 in 6 months. For reference, I'm a 5'7 female who started at 178 and am now 120 pounds. I never in my life thought I'd see that number on the scale--I always justified my weight by claiming "I have a big frame." What I didn't actually realize is that my frame isn't necessarily big--it was just covered in excess body fat! Anyways, for all of you struggling out there, keeping with it! It really is true that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

I had the same type of thinking about a big frame like you did. I did a similar weight loss as well. I've 5'8" started at 178 now 135 (now size 2-4).. Great job with your weight loss. Isn't it so much fun to go clothes shopping now?
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I didn't initially want to respond to this post because I didn't want to fuel the negativity/"haters" haha.

But I'm going to respond because I do want to give hope to those of you who are struggling like I was, and I want you guys to know it IS possible.

First of all, while not easy, losing 10 pounds a month is possible, considering weight loss is all a mathematical equation. It works out to about 2.5 pounds a week.

How I did it:

1) I cut out sugar and non-vegetable carbohydrates as much as possible
    2) exercised (cardio) 6x a week for an hour. This was moderate intensity exercise (cardio classes at the gym or elliptical at level 10/11)
    3) limited calorie intake to 1200 calories daily

It's actually fairly simple.

This is almost EXACTLY what I did. It does work. I lost my weight in 2 1/2 months.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Have been waiting to make this post for a while haha. After years of struggling with my weight and always being the "chubby" friend, I am finally "the skinny friend." I went from a size 14 to a size 2 in 6 months. For reference, I'm a 5'7 female who started at 178 and am now 120 pounds. I never in my life thought I'd see that number on the scale--I always justified my weight by claiming "I have a big frame." What I didn't actually realize is that my frame isn't necessarily big--it was just covered in excess body fat! Anyways, for all of you struggling out there, keeping with it! It really is true that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

So... since you just joined in July, what are you hoping to get from MFP if you are already so successful?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Uh huh. :huh:

Why do you constantly come into every post with your negativity? So uncalled for. If you don't like it, move along. Your level of snark is amazing. It's exactly why I deleted you off my friends list. Oh, and reported.

Good for you! :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. Great job.

Pics would be nice to see since you didn't use any resistance training to lose your weight.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    You are 25 years old and are rocking a great weight loss. Well done!! Yay YOU!!! Enjoy that new body!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

So... since you just joined in July, what are you hoping to get from MFP if you are already so successful?

I was thinking the very same thing, no friends, no photos, possible just started MFP today and came to make this post?? :huh:

But good job OP. :flowerforyou:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Why do you constantly come into every post with your negativity? So uncalled for. If you don't like it, move along. Your level of snark is amazing. It's exactly why I deleted you off my friends list. Oh, and reported.

I think I will report you for being inflammatory and bringing your fl drama into the forums.

And personal attacking.

Can't forget that.
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It really is true that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

cheesecake. your argument is invalid.

+1 if it's NY style cheesecake!

+2 if it has salted caramel topping
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Good work!!! Now please pay it forward: befriend heavy people, if they're cool, but don't treat them like they're beneath you. You've been there. You won't. Enjoy thinness! See you in a bit.
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278
    Options
    Also, according to my BMI at least, I am within the "healthy" weight range, so I'm confused as to why people are claiming I'm underweight?

My post earlier was concern your profile says you have 3 more lbs to loose. Your accomplishment is impressive and I wish you all the success in the world maintaining your new lifestyle.

at 5'7" your BMI is 18.8

BMI Categories:
    Underweight = <18.5
    Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
    Overweight = 25–29.9
    Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

I just hope you do not continue to loose.
    Its so nice to see the numbers drop on the scale. I just wanted you to take good care of yourself and not go to much farther.

at 117 (your last 3 lbs to loose according to your profile it puts you at 18.3)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

I think I will report you for being inflammatory and bringing your fl drama into the forums.

And personal attacking.

Can't forget that.

Good for you :flowerforyou:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if your post is serious or not, but 120 for your hight is quiet low. My daughter is 13 and wears size one...lol...doens't sound healthy for a grown woman.

Whether post is serious or not - if she has fine/small bone structure she IS in the low range of Healthy. I am 5'8" and have small bone structure and weighed 125 when I was 25. Now I weigh 131 at age 50 and still am in the healthy range. Healthy is a range and isn't just at the top end of that range.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,303 Member
    Options
    I don't get that losing weight slowly means the loss will last. I just find the longer it takes to lose.. i lose my will power before all the weight. I'd rather lose it fast while i have the will power to do it..
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but that seems right if it's a keto diet? I've seen results like that with those kinds of diets.

No.

I'm on a keto diet.
    And the short answer is no, not a sustained weight loss of 10#'s per month for any length of time beyond the first 2 weeks or so.
    The first 4-10 #'s can be attributed to decreased glycogen (over simplified as water weight), but after that, consume more than you burn, you *will* no doubt about it, gain weight.

The reverse is also true, as some people view keto diets as a temporary fix to lose scale weight. When you add carbs back to your diet, you will gain 4-10#'s of scale weight. That's the glycogen+water being restored to your muscles.

Also, people who do this, may tend to gorge or binge on the 'forbidden' carbs (cause they're so dammmn yummeh) and end up eating at a surplus, gaining *additional* weight.

It can become a nasty cycle.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    It really is true that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

cheesecake. your argument is invalid.

Sushi.

omfg sushi. the flava makes me weep. T_T

Zaft, you really know the way to this girl's heart
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!