Hello, just another mommy trying to make a change.

Options
I am 30 years old and have found myself the biggest I have ever been. I have a total of 130 pounds to lose. That seems like such a big number and it is very overwhelming at times. I have two children, 4 and almost 1 year. Both of my babies are fertility txment babies, and because of my PCOS which caused me to have trouble getting pregnant to begin with, it also causes me to gain and retain weight.

I am hoping that by joining this community, I can find some support from others who are battling and making lifestyle changes like me. It can be a lonely and emotional road, and I have nobody in my current life right now that truly understands that. I hope to meet and make friends with others that understand what I am going through.

I know that I can do this, now that I have made the conscious effort to do it. Like many moms, I let myself fall to the back and never take the time to really do anything for myself...even exercise. There is always something more important to be done. It dawned on me one morning as I was looking in the mirror and thinking about how disappointed I was in myself for letting myself get so out of control, that if I don't take action now and make changes NOW, then who is going to do the important things for my husband and children? I worked so hard to have my babies, which means I need to fight even harder to be the best I can be for them and myself.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Replies

• sandeeface518
    sandeeface518 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    sent a friend request, let's keep each other motivated....!
  • grumpz
    grumpz Posts: 30
    Options
    I know what you mean by putting yourself last and your family first. All the best :flowerforyou:
  • howardrw
    howardrw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, if you need a friend on this journey, you can add me on there.

As I always say... "KEEP THE FAITH"....
  • TIARAmiller
    Options
    Hello, Im Tiara. I really would like to lose 25 pounds for my wedding in july.
  • tdusenberry
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS, Tiara, on the wedding. You can do it. I posted a message and the support I have received is overwhelming and it warms my heart to know that other people care so much. Looks like we came to the right place.