5'6" and above goal weight?

Options
Hi!

I'm kinda starting this post because I only have about 10 more pounds to lose and it's been really hard to make any progress recently. I keep overeating and not having as much willpower as I did the first time I lost weight (when I lost 24ish lbs) because I'm so close and I keep telling myself it's okay, but end up not making any progress (except for gaining a pound or two and then losing it again).

So I'm just wondering, how close are all of you to your goal weights, what is keeping you motivated, and how have you been doing so far??

My height is about 5'6.5".

My current weight is usually 137-139, but I want to get down to 128ish!

Replies

• ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height and about 137, trying to get to the 120-125 range. I try to keep a pretty small deficit and stay really active. And be verrry patient!
  • foofyq
    foofyq Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    same thing is happening to me! I'm 5''7', 134lbs. I would love to be 130-129.
    Last month I lost 4 lbs, this month I haven't lost any weight. It kind of sucks but I think it's because these last few pounds are the hardest to lose. I'm trying to up my exercising to jumpstart it all. Good luck!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". My goal right now is 150 and then I will see from there. My focus is more on losing the abdominal fat so whenever that gets to a point where I'm happy, I'll likely stop.

I went from too thin (115 lbs and a physique like a 12 year old boy) right out of high school to thin but not really fit at around 125 lbs during college to overweight desk jockey after college. I don't have a good benchmark to go by to tell me what a good weight would be but I'm certain it is somewhere 135+.
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" as well - my main focus is currently on getting my BF% down, but I also have a goal weight of 130. It depends on if I make it to my BF% goal once I'm there or need to go lower.
  • Shushanna01
    Shushanna01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I'm not sure what my goal weight should be. I've lost over 20 lbs so far,and when I look in the mirror now I like what I see at 198 lbs. I have very muscular legs and abs with a nice layer of subcutaneous fat on top, with an hourglass figure and broad shoulders. My size 14 work pants are getting pretty lose, but I haven't bothered replacing them with 12s yet. I'd like to lose more fat overall and maintain my muscle mass, so maybe my goals are more about inches than pounds anymore. I'd like to get my waist below 30", and ideally to 28".
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    5'7", and I look the best in the 133-137 range. But that takes an insane amount of exercise for me to maintain. I can hang at 140 pretty easily with moderate exercise and look and feel good, so 140 it is.
  • CPRsMom
    CPRsMom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'6" and have a goal of 150.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5" I am nowhere near the weight I want to be yet. But I will get there eventually. I want to see how I feel about myself at 180 which is another 70 lbs. down. Then, I'll decide from there. I have my goal weight on here set at 150 I believe. I think it mainly depends on where you want to be...not where you should be. I'm not worried if I'm still considered overweight when I hit the mark I want...as long as I'm satisfied :)
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height and 139 lbs right now. I'm trying to get back down to 120. Honestly, if I enjoyed strength training, I'd be happy with 130, but I have so many health problems that it's really uncomfortable to keep up with most exercise. But I've been a curvy 120 before, and it looks and feels good on me.

My motivation waves and wants with my mood and health, but my weight has been trending in the right direction. I log in every day. Feel free to add me, anyone.
  • jcast92
    jcast92 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to have good goals in mind! That's awesome.
    Anyone can feel free to add me too. :)

Do any of you know how to balance work with exercise with studying? I recently graduated from college, but I'm studying for a test for a post-graduate program. What's the most effective way to work out in short amounts of time?
  • ShadowFallRising
    ShadowFallRising Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, currently 133 lbs, started at 140, trying to get to 130, maybe 125. I have a VERY stubborn pouch belly I am trying to get rid of. I want to look and feel sexy again.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5" and about 130 lb. I am where I want to be size wise but looking to tone up. I am currently up 4 lb in the process. I hope to stay under 135 but am learning to accept the number on the scale as it is and focus more on my size. Sometimes that is easier said than done but I am getting there.