Optimistic Newbie

Options
Hi All,
I am F 41y/o and WAY out of shape! Heaviest I have ever been and I am too ashamed to say how much. I am tired of being depressed and unmotivated and I am ready to make a change. Just bought a Sole F80 treadmill and cleaned out the pantry and fridge and went shopping for new food. Today was my first day on the treadmill. Did 25 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes this evening and was able to eat reasonably all day long. Wish me luck! Best of luck to all of you. Hope all of you meet your goals!!

Replies

• Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welcome, it sounds like you are starting out on the right track. You will find lots of support and motivation here, keep up the good work. I wish you the best of luck on your journey!!!
  • iknowcourtney
    Options
    Yay, you can do it! :)
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    Welcome! I feel the same as you, I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I had been too tired to do anything. But I joined this site and got back to the gym and I have been eating better, sleeping better, and feeling better! It's such a great feeling! Good luck to you! :bigsmile:
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you! Hopefully a great summer ahead for all of us. :) Let me know if there is anything I can do to motivate and encourage you.
  • cafeaulait10
    Options
    Hi there,

I just joined minutes ago. It's been a long journey to this point - you know, accepting and planning a means by which to take action. I'm looking forward to this forum. The people in my workplace faithfully exercise and eat reasonably healthy. I have been skeptical about joining their routines because in doing that I acknowledge my intent to lose weight and if it doesn't happen - too many people to witness my failure. I wanted a stealth operation - no mention of my intention to the general public - but the ability to establish a life line. Much success to you!
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    And likewise to you! It was a great challenge to get to the point of taking steps to do something about it. One hurdle already jumped! My best to you and all of the others here who are really trying to make a difference in their lives for themselves and their loved ones. I hope to be able to motivate someone else in the future by way of my success. :)
  • Yahme
    Yahme Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You made a great start! I was 60 lbs overweight and just started walking, that worked the best for me. Finally got good use out of the treadmill I had for 2 years. Making good choices on food is another thing I did too.

Good job and Good luck - you will do it!

1552749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • cafeaulait10
    Options
    Wow, that is truly inspirational. I'm not the fitness club type - yet, so walking will also be my means of exercise. Are you on a particular meal plan?
  • diamond419
    diamond419 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had an awesome day!! You should be proud of yourself!! Just take each day, and meal, at a time!! You will reach your goal in no time!