Good tool to save healthy recipes, and generate shopping lis

Options
Hello everyone,

Just to make sure that i'm not advertise for any company nor website to financially benefit myself. I've been using this for awhile now and found it to be helpful and I want to share with you. If you know of better tool, please let me/us know. Thank you.

If you are using Firefox, there is an add on called Grocery List Generator GLG. Their website is here http://www.grocerylistgenerator.com/ and if you click download, it will download an add-on that you can use in Firefox free of charge.

Features:
- Add recipes by one click. I love allrecipes.com ( I like the "300 calories recipes" that they have), and I love how I can pull up a recipe, click on button and GLG will load everything in the program for you. You just need to click save. It even includes ingredients and amount of each, cooking instruction and a photo of the dish as well. You can pull the recipes up when you ready to cook instead of browsing thru the web to find it.

- You can organize the recipes as you like. I rename the recipe as "Fish - "blah blah"" and "Chicken-blah blah" so all Fish dishes stay together and all Chicken dish stay together. etc.

- Generate grocery list. So you have all of your dishes saved. You just select the dishes that you want to cook this week, click Generate list and there you go, all the ingredient you need for all of your dish. You can print it, or you can upload it somewhere and pull it up on your smart phone when you at the super market. I wish they have an app for it, I'm keeping my finger crossed.

- Same for future usage. So have fun browsing around the web, save your recipes and happy shopping. All your recipes will be there for you when you need it.

So yeah, please give them a try if you are interested. I think it's a great tool, especially for people like us who want to watch what we eat.

Cheers to a healthy lifestyle

Cindy :laugh:

Replies