Anyone out there in the 50+ group?

Options
Hi,

I just joined this forum and am amazed at the inspirational and motivational comments I have seen posted. I look forward to responses from any and all of you but would also like to provide those of us in 50+ range with a place to receive encouragement and motivation from those with similar obstacles. I view my challenges as being a bit different - potentially slow results:)

Replies

• johnallen12
    johnallen12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    In some ways I think being in my 50's makes things easier for me. Kids are grown and on their own, so, really, there's more time for me. I can focus on my own goals. I think it really is more dependent on your circumstances than on age. I'm at a happy point in my life where I can have fun with my grandkids, but don't feel the stress of parental responsibilities that younger folk feel. Plus, I'm contented where I'm at in my carreer. It's probably easier for me now to tackle my weight and take more charge of my health now than it was 30 years ago. I'd be glad if you added me to your friend list. Good luck.
  • cafeaulait10
    Options
    Good point! I began my parental journey very late so I still have offspring at home and college expenditures on the ledger. Stress factor:) Thanks for the support.
  • scooter1945
    Options
    Hi, I just joined the forum also, I have been trying everything possible to loose weight I am not
    a excercise buff. Since Oct. I have lost 6lbs I know being over 50+ it does come off slower
    I have been writing everything down that I eat and that has helped me if I get off track a day
    I try not to get flustrated I jump write back on the diet. Sweets is my downfall.
    I do try to park further away from the stores to get a little walk in plus I do take people around
    so I am out and about alot.
    I Love Biggest Loser it gets me going sometimes I will try and run in place or do leg kicks
    even in a chair. Started drinking more water or green tea I have one large coke from McD's
    every day I just keep adding ice to it for the day.
    They did ask for a weight loss amount in the profile but it has been a long time for me to lose
    30lbs. I hope I can do it this time.
    When did you start with your diet? Today is my first day doing this so hopefully I get keep on
    track. Have a Happy Monday and Good Luck to you this week.
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Hi...I'm in my 50's with a young attitude. I have 3 grown up girls and 6 grandchildren who I adore. Over the last 3 years the weight as slowly crept up and to be honest I thought it would simply go by itself. I thought it was because I was going through menopause and who knows maybe that's the case. But I know now if I don't take control I won't be able to wear my skinny jeans or those favourite pair of trousers ever again.

So that's why I'm here. I'm here to both give and get support. I would love to be your friend and supporter 
  • scooter1945
    Options
    Hi Kathybun, glad to have you for the support.
  • scooter1945
    Options
    Katybun (sorry typed it wrong) Have you been doing any other type of programs like
    weight watchers? I did really good when then did not have the floating points it
    was just too easy to go over. I also like Dr. Oz been giving alot of pointers.