sensitivefool
sensitivefool Posts: 343 Member
Is this less than preferable?
Why or why not?

Replies

• ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd say workout when it works for you. Listen to your body, find the time that works best. Sleep is important too so factor that in. I work out almost exclusively in the evenings and it's worked pretty well for me.
  • charlieibeling
    charlieibeling Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd say workout when it works for you. Listen to your body, find the time that works best. Sleep is important too so factor that in. I work out almost exclusively in the evenings and it's worked pretty well for me.

basicly this. I prefer it when im dieting because I can go low carb most of the day to burn fat then eat my carbs around the night workout. but it really doesnt matter much
  • jalapenopoppers
    Options
    I'll chime in to echo ewhip17. Do what works for you and feels right. For me, I usually go to sleep around 1 - 1:30 AM and have been working out 3-4 nights per week usually from 9 - 10 PM without it affecting my sleep schedule negatively.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I love working out morning, noon or night! It's different for everyone. Go with what works for you! The important thing is to work out!!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I've always preferred working out at night. I'm not a morning person, and I've always had more energy in the evenings.
  • erinelissa91
    erinelissa91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm night mover myself. Evening jogs, weightlifting, HIIT, you name it. I feel I am more motivated at night because I already have all my stuff done for the day, don't have to think about work or anything. I think it helps me sleep better too.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I say if you like to work out at night do it. I work out at night - if working out in the morning was the only option I would just stay fat (I am seriously not a morning person). I know some people say it can make it harder for them to sleep but I have never had any sort of problem.
  • miasapearl
    miasapearl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Workout whenever you are motivated to. I tend to workout at night since that is when I feel motivated and it helps me fall asleep afterwards. Double plus. I am just to tired and lazy in the morning to work out. The main thing is to listen to your body.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    The only time I get to work out is late in the evening, usually 9 to 10pm, sometimes starting later and finishing just before 11. I am usually fast asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow at 11. Do whatever works for you and your schedule.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I just started working out in the late evening (9-10pm) this week and am really liking it. I used to do it after work but life/summer is getting in the way so this late night thing is good. Whatever works - just do it!
  • quarkenstein
    quarkenstein Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like cardio at night - mostly because I hate it so much, at least I'll go when I get bored at night. I like boxing in the morning though!