Why did you stay in on this Friday night?

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Cheaper to drink at home :laugh:

Yes this too.
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Because last night, my babysitting gig ran 6 hours over (I kid you not, the parents showed up at 3:40am when they'd told me 9pm) and so I only got two hours of sleep before I had to get up for work... where I chased after hyperactive 5 year olds all day. My supervising teacher gave them balloons. I have C-PTSD and can't do sudden sounds like popping... which is what happens when 5 year olds are given balloons. The cherry on the top of the crap cake was when one of my most rambunctious children kicked me twice in the stomach.

In other words, I'm dead tired, stressed, and if I went out tonight I'd probably end up hurting someone or myself.

Did you rage at them? I would've been pissed. Did they at least pay you extra well?

I would have, but they came home drunk and so I was more concerned about getting home safely (no car and they were supposed to drop me off after I watched the kids). Got my normal pay :/ I'm not going to work for them again, which is a real shame because I love their kids, but that was one of the worst experiences I've had babysitting.

Ridiculous. Talk about inconsiderate people. Sleep well tonight.
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'll be in Wrigleyville (Chicago) drinks on me if you find me ;)

omg i was gonna be there tonight but i canceled my plans!! lol
  • blushpeonies
    blushpeonies Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm seems like having kids= boring weekends.

No thx!

TRUTH!
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options

No thx!

Not boring... Just a different kind of adventure... There's nothing a 4 year old boy won't try!
  • rdennisjr
    rdennisjr Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Married with kids...no really, not the show 8) After long run tonight I got to cuddle on the couch with my 12 year old daughter and the wife. Add a Guinness and a 5:00 wake up for Army Guard this weekend....and it's a quiet night. Next Friday night I hope to have finished building my new fire pit and that will be my excuse then with a bottle of scotch!
  • rdennisjr
    rdennisjr Posts: 402 Member
    Options

No thx!

Not boring... Just a different kind of adventure... There's nothing a 4 year old boy won't try!

Spot on with this!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    S'mores.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Because last night, my babysitting gig ran 6 hours over (I kid you not, the parents showed up at 3:40am when they'd told me 9pm) and so I only got two hours of sleep before I had to get up for work... where I chased after hyperactive 5 year olds all day. My supervising teacher gave them balloons. I have C-PTSD and can't do sudden sounds like popping... which is what happens when 5 year olds are given balloons. The cherry on the top of the crap cake was when one of my most rambunctious children kicked me twice in the stomach.

In other words, I'm dead tired, stressed, and if I went out tonight I'd probably end up hurting someone or myself.

Did you rage at them? I would've been pissed. Did they at least pay you extra well?

I would have, but they came home drunk and so I was more concerned about getting home safely (no car and they were supposed to drop me off after I watched the kids). Got my normal pay :/ I'm not going to work for them again, which is a real shame because I love their kids, but that was one of the worst experiences I've had babysitting.
    I had a similar situation when i was babysitting, so I sympathize. Blacklist them with other babysitters so they aren't treated to the same awful evening and tell the parents why you won't be babysitting for them anymore. It's the only way the parents will learn.
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'll be in Wrigleyville (Chicago) drinks on me if you find me ;)

omg i was gonna be there tonight but i canceled my plans!! lol

Let's go dance.

i didn't even make it up to chicago tonight as originally planned.. lol i'm in champaign.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Because I partied all week, I'm exhausted!
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You kidding!!! Catching catepillars and worms with a 13 and 7 year old are the best Friday night dates.
    Then they step on each others pillars and the war begins ... Well.. for me better then any Friday night in my twenties...

quote]
    Hmmmm seems like having kids= boring weekends. :smooched:

No thx!

Spot on with this!
    [/quote]
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    We stayed in tonight to save money. We discussed going out, and chose to stay in.
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Work. :grumble:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Because a headache, sick husband, a threenager, and I have a busy day tomorrow.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Hot date with a squat rack in the early hours of tomorrow:) can't imagine leg day with any kind of a hangover.