How do you season your fish/chicken?

Options
DJ7203
DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
Tired of the same stuff I always use! How do you season up your meat/fish & make it tasty WITHOUT adding any extra calories? :happy:

Replies

• chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    For salmon I usually just do salt, pepper, a little lemon juice and maybe some dill.
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Salmon = Garlic Powder, black pepper and Lemon

Chicken = Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, red pepper and lemon
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Fish (usually salmon or tilapia) I just do some oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary. It's awesome.

Chicken honestly is usually just salt and pepper. Sometimes so cumin as well.
  • texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I use Mrs. Dash's, chipotle, lemon-pepper, garlic, onion n herbs, spicy and sea salt seasonings on everything. Oh and a squeeze of lime and lemon juice, sometimes topped with cilantro.
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I use dill weed or lemon pepper on fish usually. Once in a while, I'll marinate salmon in raspberry vinaigrette or balsamic vinaigrette.

On chicken, I love:

garam masala
    Chinese 5 spice
    smoked paprika
    tex mex seasoning
    club house italiano
    herbes de Provence
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Alot of times i use Old Bay seasoning but i have found that i love salsa on mine too or even fresh fruit
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    For savory: Herbes de Provence

For spicy:

weber-seasoning-kickn-chicken-147x395.png
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    black pepper
    red pepper
    garlic powder
    chili powder
    barbeque seasoning
    Any Grill Mate seasoning blend
    I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
  • Odinisgod
    Odinisgod Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I grill salmon and chicken seasoned with "kickin chicken."
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the great suggestions!!!
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Depends on how I'm cooking it. Tonight, I smoked spatchcock chicken over applewood, so I rubbed softened butter all over it, added a little kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, then finished with Herbs de Provence. Ate it with a side of Provençal summer vegetable gratin - and it was yummy! First time my son ever asked for a 2nd helping of veggies.

Salmon... if I cook it sous vide which is typical, then I brine it, dry it, sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and add a little olive oil. Sometimes I'll throw a sprig of rosemary in the bag too. When I grill salmon on a cedar plank, I use a home made dry rub as follows: 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp coarse sea salt, 2 tsp ancho chili powder, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp black pepper - and I sprinkle with a dab of honey when it's done cooking.

Tuna... if cooking I'll sous vide to rare and then do a quick sear in a pan with black pepper and eat with wasabi, else I dice it up raw and mix with diced mango, smashed avocado and ponzu sauce.

White fish like bass is more delicate, so I go easy on the spices there.

Sam
  • a941guy
    a941guy Posts: 31
    Options
    i've used this for fish, it's pretty good. panko crumbs, some type of generic italian seasoning, garlic powder, grated parmesan and a dash of cayenne. coat both sides and bake
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    lemon juice, thyme and oregano
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Lemon pepper and salt with some rosemary.
  • RamonaFr
    RamonaFr Posts: 112
    Options
    chicken adobo -- 1/2 cup light soy sauce, same amount or a little less lemon juice, as much garlic as you like, some fresh ginger, tablespoon of brown sugar, bay leaf and some chicken broth or water to barely cover the chicken pieces. Simmer until the chicken is done -- I usually use b/s chicken thighs

The juice is fabulous over rice. The chicken is just plain fabulous.

Cook a lot, makes several meals. Makes good sandwiches, good on Asian style salad, also -- no need to brown the chicken as it will have plenty of flavor from the broth and seasonings. Use 1/4 cup white vinegar instead of lemon juice if you like or if you don't have any lemons. Add some star anise - one star or two - for a more Chinese flavor.
  • lookpregbutnot
    lookpregbutnot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    LOVE the Lawry's mesquite with lime marinade!!!!!!! Five stars, but very had to find, Kroger and Walmart don't carry it and the Kroger knock off is terrible.

I like to use the left over chicken breast on salad greens the next day. Yum! So darn easy too!