How do the biggest loser weight so much weight?

Options
Let me refrase my topic lol: How do the biggest losers lose so much weight?

How do they lose in 2 months over 100 pounds even up to 160 .. ? Even when they need to lose 10 pounds to get to their avarage weight, they lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks? Poeple tel me i need to lose this 35 pounds in 4 months? Whatt?? I weight 205 at almost 6 ft!

Replies

• fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    They eat very little and work out all day.
  • celinetmika
    celinetmika Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well, they eat nothing and work out all day and it's soooo not a good idea. Remember, it's a tv show, it's all about ratings. Someday something will happen and a candidate will get sick or something.

Time does NOT matter. Being smart and working hard and being focused does. If you have 10 or 35 or 100 pounds to lose, lose them, but don't worry about how long it will take.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    They're very big, they eat very little, and work out very hard.
  • crikey_katie
    crikey_katie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    They start of very big so they would lose weight faster just changing their habits, but the things they do on that show are extreme. Very low calorie intake and exercise ALL day.
  • Sie_Con
    Sie_Con Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've also heard they do crazy stuff like stop drinking water the day before a weigh in, or sit in a sauna for an hour to sweat off weight. They work through horrible injuries and work out for 8+ hours per day. I think it's very unsafe. They literally eat almost no added fat in their food, no salt, etc. I don't think i could sustain a meal plan like that because it just wouldn't TASTE good.

Also they did have a big disaster - last season's winner Rachel finished at 105 lbs I believe. She looked like a walking skeleton and everyone in the show agreed that they had pushed her too far into eating disorder territory.

As far as the first week weigh-ins, I think they tell them to eat a lot before they get there so they are carrying extra weight. I don't know how else someone could lose 30+ lbs in one week.
  • saraharnoldnelson
    saraharnoldnelson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Here is one of many articles on "how" they lose so much weight: http://www.bodylovewellness.com/2010/06/16/kai-hibbard-biggest-loser-finalist-part-2-of-3/
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    It is actually filmed over a long time than 2 months. What you think they sit around all week waiting? It's about 6 or 7 months worth of filming.
  • LondonSuz
    LondonSuz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yes all the above ^^

Plus it's just not sustainable in the real world where we have jobs, family etc. Also look up how many of them actually keep the weight off......
  • ALittleHazey
    Options
    Have you seen the show?
    They work out until they cry, and then they keep working out until they vomit, someone yells at or degrades them and they continue working out until they nearly pass out. All while eating the bare minimum amount of food the show can get away with feeding them.

There's a reason most of the winners gained all the weight back. Not only are they not provided with real world tools, i imagine the experience would turn one off exercise altogether.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is television made to make the producers mucho dollars, Viewers are provided some entertainment. Almost nothing about the show is real. Find something else to watch /do.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    in addition to what others have noted, those workouts we see with jillian and bob are just a small portion of their workouts.the majority of their workouts are with other trainers we dont see and it involves multiple hours a day of exercise

and last season i thought all of the final 3 looked way too thin. here's a good photo of people's reaction when the lady who ended up being the winner came out on stage

biggest-loser-rachel-too-much-weight.jpg

apparently she since gained 20 pounds which looks way healthier even though had she been 125 at the finale she probably wouldnt have won