Favorite Fitness Quotes

Options
What are your favorite quotes about fitness/weight loss/motivation?

Here is one of mine:
"The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy...It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed."
- Jacqueline Gareau, 1980 Boston Marathon champ

Replies

• angelsandwolves09
    angelsandwolves09 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have a few....

"Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time." ~Mark Twain

~"Take care of your body with steadfast fidelity. The soul must see through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is clouded"~Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

And my ultimate favorite!

~"It is in human nature to relax, when not compelled by personal advantage or disadvantage"~Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
  • EmilyDridan
    Options
    This is one i always go back to if I'm feeling particularly bad about falling off the wagon.

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." -Margaret Thatcher
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    “There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.”

:laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • Dreamgirl97
    Dreamgirl97 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is one i always go back to if I'm feeling particularly bad about falling off the wagon.

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." -Margaret Thatcher

:heart: Love this one! :heart:
  • Dreamgirl97
    Dreamgirl97 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    “There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.”

:laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:

Nice one!
  • DanL66712
    DanL66712 Posts: 135
    Options
    "If you aren't physically shaking by the end of this, then you haven't worked hard enough" - My Body Pump trainer
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    These are great, thanks!
  • nordens
    nordens Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My personal favourites are:

'Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever' - Lance armstrong

'If it aint raining, It aint training ' - Unknown
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    I don't care about being big and strong, I just want to look good naked 
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Money is the most envied, but the least enjoyed. Health is the most enjoyed,
    but the least envied. – Charles Caleb Colton
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    "If you aren't physically shaking by the end of this, then you haven't worked hard enough" - My Body Pump trainer

LOL that sounds like MY body pump trainer!

LOVE BODY PUMP!
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Ok this may not be a quote but I love using it sometimes when people want to call me fat..."I may be fat ...but you're ugly...& I can diet"....lol