Before and After ( So far )

Options

Replies

• rachieladines
    Options
    Beautiful WTG!!!
  • johnson30usa
    Options
    Wow YOU GO GIRL!! You look incredible.. way to go!!
  • rckchik13
    Options
    That's awesome! You look great!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring to so many of us! You look great! Wonderful job!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful! GREAT job!!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Thank you. <3
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Get up and work out even when you don't want to, it'll make you feel better. If it looks good, don't eat it. Just kidding. Lol.

The last part made me giggle. hah. You look fantastic!! You are doing so well and are a major inspiration to me everyday even when I don't do anything about it.. haha. So thanks for being so inspiring!! [=
  • saramathers22
    Options
    Fantastic! Looking great :D xx
  • kbairdphillips
    kbairdphillips Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!! You look amazing!!!!!1
  • tnmomof4
    Options
    WTG! You look amazing!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    Thanks. :)
  • burksfamily
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Dreamgirl97
    Dreamgirl97 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    you really do look amazing. Congrats! TY for being that motivation for me this morning to hit the GYM! :drinker:
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • debrawood
    Options
    You look amazing!!! You are an inspiration
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    Thank you all!

I got a lap-band in 2005 (I no longer have it filled or use it just because I hate it and it personally doesn't work for me so it's pretty much decoration.) I lost a lot of weight, gained it all back. Kept off about 40lbs from it, if that. Got pregnant in 2009, weighed 304 after having my kiddo and lost down to 292 when I started on here in September and been busting my *kitten* since then and have lost the remaining. :)

I had the Lap-band 2 1/2 years ago, and it's filled to about 6.5-7 cc's. I have a fair amount of restriction -- which I'm thankful for since it keeps me from overeating. Also, I don't have that constant empty, gnawing feeling in my stomach when I start exercising and following a healthy diet.......BUT, I only dropped the initial 30 pounds and gained 10 back. I have come to realize after a year and a half of struggling with it, the reason I couldn't lose any more weight was because MY CALORIES WERE TOO LOW!! The nutritionist was telling me to aim for about 1200-1400 calories a day, even with exercise! So, that means 4-5 days a week I was only getting about 600-800 calories (except for days when I strength trained which meant I was getting about 200).

NO WONDER I WASN'T LOSING ANY WEIGHT! :mad:

I had no idea that this was the reason why, and no idea the damage it was doing to my metabolism.

After several failed attempts to get my weight off, I decided last Thursday to give it another try and use this website for some guidance. I've read a few informative posts about calories and exercise, and it all clicked. I've lost 2.4 pounds in days! I understand it's most likely water, and the few pounds I'll lose initially are likely to come back before I see any "real loss," but again, I just know that with my previous attempts (after the initial 30 pounds) resulted in only maybe a 4 pound loss in 3 months. :frown:

So, now.......while I have what I feel is a little bit of help from the Lap-band, most of the hard work is going to come from determination and discipline. I just wish I had better education about the nutrition aspect from the "experts" I trusted at my surgeon's office.
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    You look great, btw......great job!! :happy:
  • kyliedurnan
    kyliedurnan Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    wow! amazing job(:
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    I've had my band for five years and it caused me to lose a lot of weight the first time around, about 135lbs but I wasn't keeping anything down and I had to have my gall bladder taken out because of it. So I said eff it, I'll do it myself.

Thank you. :)
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep up the great work!:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!