Introduced myself last week when I was drunk.

oblair
oblair Posts: 57 Member
I can't face reading it sober so i'll be honest again.
Last time I got in shape I posted my transition on reddit and half a million people kissed my *kitten* in one day. That was all well and good but it made it harder to admit to being fat again now. feel confident after 20 days of eating clean that I can stick to it now. x

Replies

• oblair
  • oblair
    jBvyI4a.jpg

finally sorted hopefully....
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    You'll be alright. One thing that's important--dont compare your self to anyone-- not even your thin self. Instead, keep your chin up and compare yourself only in terms of what you did yesterday, today, and how much better you'll be tommorow. Live in the present, constanly moving forward. :)
  • lawgirl0520
    lawgirl0520 Posts: 15 Member
    You did it once, you can do it again!
  • oblair
    Its scary how you don't notice the weight going on. One day you look in the mirror and realise you are heavy again.
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    looking at your journey i bet there are people who don't even recognise you anymore... i feel your pain, had to introduce myself to my own family last week because no one knew who i was lol! not that I have lost that much... I'm just not the big fat woman they thought i would grow into!!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    feel confident after 20 days of eating clean that I can stick to it now. x

Do you plan on "eating clean" every single day from now until you die? If you don't you'd be much better off adopting a way of eating that allows you to eat foods you enjoy instead of "eating clean" as a means to an end and then gaining weight again...
  • Bex2BeSlim
    Bex2BeSlim Posts: 12
    Its scary how you don't notice the weight going on. One day you look in the mirror and realise you are heavy again.

This is exactly how I feel, I lost weight back in 2009, that five years seems to make it so much harder to lose it again too. I will get there though, and I'm sure you will too :drinker:
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    It's time to do it again! I lost 108 lbs and feel so much better. Add me and I'll support you!
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member

Do you plan on "eating clean" every single day from now until you die? If you don't you'd be much better off adopting a way of eating that allows you to eat foods you enjoy instead of "eating clean" as a means to an end and then gaining weight again...

I agree with this. Completely. And it's not because of the hat.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member

I like the hat ;-)
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member

I like the hat ;-)

I love the hat, too. I just didn't want him to think this was why I was agreeing with him. :laugh:
  • oblair
    I have been eating clean and once I'm in to the routine I find it easy. I have always been all or nothing. I have gained and lost weight about five times in my life. Once I start looking good again and start dating pretty girls again I seem to be unable to care about my caloric intake. This is why I get fat every two years and have to go on a five month diet to look good again.