Slimming down everywhere--Except my butt?

Options
I've lost a lot of weight in the last few months, and despite my constant exercise (and the increase of difficulty in it every day) and eating right, my butt fat will just not go away. I keep losing little bits of weight in my thighs, and my stomach is almost completely flat, but my butt is just not letting go. I do a lot of glutes-only exercises, figuring my other ones were targeting the thighs too much which was why I wasn't seeing tightened results...But nope. No matter how much I've built up my butt muscles and how much weight I lose, my butt is still pretty fat. It's getting to be annoying. I know spot reduction isn't possible, but I don't know what to do anymore.

Is it just my bodys choice spot to put on weight or something, and that's why it's not coming off easy? I've always had a larger backside. My waist is obnoxiously thin and then it just explodes into a fat butt. It just looks dumb.

Replies

• LABooth1997
    Options
    I don't think having a big butt is a bad thing :) And if you do a lot of booty workouts and build up your booty muscles, then it will get bigger and firmer. Just like Jen Selter is you wanna look her up.
  • LoryBear
    LoryBear Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't think having a big butt is a bad thing :) And if you do a lot of booty workouts and build up your booty muscles, then it will get bigger and firmer. Just like Jen Selter is you wanna look her up.

Haha, I don't think my butt could ever look like Jen Selters. I have wide set hips. I just don't want any more fat or cellulite on it. I'm not aiming for butt of the year or anything.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Where the weight comes off is entirely determined by genetics.
  • LoryBear
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Where the weight comes off is entirely determined by genetics.

I know. I even said I knew it wasn't possible in my OP. :wink:
  • crikey_katie
    crikey_katie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you are, if you are losing weight it's working. Lucky for you your butt is going last. My area of trouble is the belly :( Keep it up!
  • LABooth1997
    Options
    I feel ya! My trouble area will always be my thighs. Plus my hips are not wide, so my thighs are bigger than they should be in ratio
  • megangr2014
    megangr2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know, I feel the same about my stomach area. Everywhere else getting smaller, which makes the tummy look even bigger. Frustrating, but I am sure in time it will get better for us.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Congratulations?
  • dmg8500
    dmg8500 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Keep the booty. :wink:
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options

Haha, I don't think my butt could ever look like Jen Selters. I have wide set hips. I just don't want any more fat or cellulite on it. I'm not aiming for butt of the year or anything.

why can't i be jen selter :'(
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Everyone loses differently -- location-wise.
    My rear was the first to go; took a long time to get to my stomach.
    Of course, THAT'S what I wanted to lose.
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My butt is big too. Like some of the others said, not necessarily a bad thing. You can make it firmer. It just takes a lot of time. Keep working at it and it will transform. Lunges, squats, repeat. Look at my profile pic. Still on the big side, but I swear my butt defies gravity now!
  • dmg8500
    dmg8500 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with an *kitten*. Ladies its a beautiful thing
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I've lost a lot of weight in the last few months, and despite my constant exercise (and the increase of difficulty in it every day) and eating right, my butt fat will just not go away. I keep losing little bits of weight in my thighs, and my stomach is almost completely flat, but my butt is just not letting go. I do a lot of glutes-only exercises, figuring my other ones were targeting the thighs too much which was why I wasn't seeing tightened results...But nope. No matter how much I've built up my butt muscles and how much weight I lose, my butt is still pretty fat. It's getting to be annoying. I know spot reduction isn't possible, but I don't know what to do anymore.

Is it just my bodys choice spot to put on weight or something, and that's why it's not coming off easy? I've always had a larger backside. My waist is obnoxiously thin and then it just explodes into a fat butt. It just looks dumb.
    You can't spot reduce, and unfortunately you don't get to choose where you lose weight either.

Just keep up the good work!
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    High five girl!

(Complaining about this is equivalent to starting a thread about the fact your boobs didn't get any smaller when you lost weight. I would just be thankful lol)
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    This is a good thing. Small waist and big butt, that is not a problem.
  • marricurt
    marricurt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    High five girl!

(Complaining about this is equivalent to starting a thread about the fact your boobs didn't get any smaller when you lost weight. I would just be thankful lol)

Lolo... I was scrolling down to post this EXACT complaint... What I would give for a larger bum and smaller boobs.. Trying to run requires three layers of reinforced structural compression gear...and it still jiggles! Sigh.
  • LoryBear
    Options
    High five girl!

Lolo... I was scrolling down to post this EXACT complaint... What I would give for a larger bum and smaller boobs.. Trying to run requires three layers of reinforced structural compression gear...and it still jiggles! Sigh.

Just so you guys know, I'm not fishing for compliments. In what world is having a flabby butt a good thing? I'm not trying to whine about it to get people to tell me it's a good thing, it's a legitimate concern for me. :(
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    So are you meaning that it is just excess fat and want more muscle tone?
  • LoryBear
    Options
    So are you meaning that it is just excess fat and want more muscle tone?

Yes, precisely. The fat is just holding on despite me losing weight elsewhere. And I know any muscles won't show up until I lose more of the fat, so I'm just kind of stuck in a depressed state of mind with this every time I look at my butt in the mirror.

I just gotta keep eating right and exercising I guess until I lose enough fat to see some definition.