Is it weird

Options
to crave foods you don't like? I am fairly picky when it comes to fruits and vegetables, but since I started on my weight-loss journey a little over a week ago I've been wanting stuff that I normally wouldn't touch. Like we went out to dinner on Saturday, and what I ordered came with grilled tomatoe slices (which normally I wouldn't even consider eating). I did cut them up to eat with the rest of my entree, but I actually LIKED them. And I actually wouldn't mind having some fruit or something when typically I would never WANT to eat stuff like that. Am I a weirdo or is this normal?

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I love veggies and I use to never like them. I love tomatoes raw. I still don't like celery though.
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I dunno, but it's sort of been happening to me too. I've been craving a lot more fruits lately, and the other day I was craving eggs, which, although I don't hate them, I never used to eat them much.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I've found myself, if not actually craving, eating eggs. I hate eggs. But, I've made a few omelettes and have decided that if I dress them up a little they're quite good. :)
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    Sometimes your taste changes after you reduce refined carbs/sugars in your diet.
  • 1984sunshine
    Options
    I think the body will also crave what it needs when you're not shutting the usual messages up with extra 'bad' foods. So, now you are eating well, the body's messages asking for the nutrients it needs are coming through and you are able to recognise that you need to eat veg or eggs or whatever. I was once told though that a need for calcium may present as a craving for ice cream or butter - obviously you are supposed to eat low fat yoghurt instead!!