Temporarily giving up Sugar

Options
Archer9304
Archer9304 Posts: 113 Member
Hello there!

I'm looking for some supportive friends. I've decided to give up things like cakes cookies chocolate and desserts for about 3 weeks, temporarily, just to tone down my sweet tooth a little. And then re-introduce one or two treats a week after that.

Anyone here who would like to do the same with me? :smile:

Please FR me if you are interested, if not, I will kindly leave you to eat your ice cream :wink:

Replies

• Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a gateway drug!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a gateway drug!

Sugar is not a drug!
  • Archer9304
    Options
    Sugar is a gateway drug!

Well I wouldn't say that... But okay...
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    skinnybythanksgiving Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'll support you 100%! :flowerforyou:
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    48373723.jpg
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    Low blood sugar here so i sadly can never give up sugar :laugh: but i support you :drinker:
  • Archer9304
    Options
    48373723.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • anothertry
    anothertry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I gave up sugar temporarily too - back in March. I planned to start back up at Easter but decided I'd try to go a little longer. Here it is the middle of July and I still haven't gone back to eating it. I'm sure I will sometime, but I don't really miss it. That's really surprising because before I was a sugarholic!
  • asdowe13
    Options
    Sugar is not the enemey - calories are the enemy.

We need sugar, that's a fact!

You don't need to give up sugar - you need to cut back on BAKED GOODS and such - no need to cut them out.
    Although sometimes to gain advantages with moderation some need to first cut it out, then slowly bring it back.
    This did not work for me. I allow myself some baked goods, icecrea, etc. everyday.

I meet my macros (most of the time) and stay within my calories (most of the time)

Good luck with you journey
  • Archer9304
    Options

You don't need to give up sugar - you need to cut back on BAKED GOODS and such - no need to cut them out.
    Although sometimes to gain advantages with moderation some need to first cut it out, then slowly bring it back.
    This did not work for me. I allow myself some baked goods, icecrea, etc. everyday.

I meet my macros (most of the time) and stay within my calories (most of the time)

Totally agree. I tried moderation and it wasn't working hence I decided on this. For me bread and such isn't the same as sugar. I can eat that in moderation. And I can also eat fruit in moderation ... Even though that also has sugar and is sweet... Oddly. Haha. But that's good because that's what I will use when the craving hits. And I know it will.
  • asdowe13
    Options

Totally agree. I tried moderation and it wasn't working hence I decided on this. For me bread and such isn't the same as sugar. I can eat that in moderation. And I can also eat fruit in moderation ... Even though that also has sugar and is sweet... Oddly. Haha. But that's good because that's what I will use when the craving hits. And I know it will.

Sometimes cutting out and slowly reintroducing it is key.

Potatoe chips - I had to cut them out. Now i can moderate with 1 serving
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a gateway drug!

Sugar is not a drug!

Sean on Psyche said it was!
  • asdowe13
    Options
    Sugar is a gateway drug!

Sugar is not a drug!

Sean on Psyche said it was!

He lied!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I gave up sugar temporarily too - back in March. I planned to start back up at Easter but decided I'd try to go a little longer. Here it is the middle of July and I still haven't gone back to eating it. I'm sure I will sometime, but I don't really miss it. That's really surprising because before I was a sugarholic!

No fruit and veg then?
  • Archer9304
    Options

No fruit and veg then?

Were not talking about natural sugar we are talking about desserts and candy :tongue: atleast that's what I was talking about :ohwell: hahaha
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

No fruit and veg then?

Were not talking about natural sugar we are talking about desserts and candy :tongue: atleast that's what I was talking about :ohwell: hahaha

Sugar is sugar. There is no 'natural' vs 'manmade'. Your table sugar came from either cane plants or sugar beets because they are naturally high in sugar. The molecule is still the same even though it's been removed from the plant.
  • Archer9304
    Options
    Sugar is sugar. There is no 'natural' vs 'manmade'. Your table sugar came from either cane plants or sugar beets because they are naturally high in sugar. The molecule is still the same even though it's been removed from the plant.

I know that. But I don't eat a whole bunch of bananas the same way I eat a whole box of chocolates. With fruit I can actually have one or two a day. With desserts and candy I can't. :smile:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

I know that. But I don't eat a whole bunch of bananas the same way I eat a whole box of chocolates. With fruit I can actually have one or two a day. With desserts and candy I can't. :smile:

Fair enough. I think you are looking to temporarily cut out desserts and sweets for a few days, not sugar. Sugar + fat = desserts and sweets. Sugar is the new fat, but neither of them is the cause of the obesity epidemic. Eating too many calories is. Whatever you can do to avoid eating too many calories, by all means do it. :drinker:
  • Archer9304
    Options
    Sugar is the new fat, but neither of them is the cause of the obesity epidemic. Eating too many calories is.

All the way :drinker:
  • LuckySlydog
    Options
    I watch my carbs. You can def do it!!!