how long til you notice a difference

Options
i was just wondering how long and how many pounds did you lose before you started to notice a difference on your body?

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I noticed small changes after about 7 lbs, but it wasn't until about 14lbs down that other people started to notice.
  • wendix
    wendix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    probably about 10-12lbs is when i started noticing. it's totally different for everyone though because my heighest weight was 136lbs so going down to 126lbs was a change but i had a very high body fat percentage so i couldn't tell you how many lbs someone else would have to lose to get the same result.
    hope this comment makes some sense lol..
  • mandster
    mandster Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi

I felt like I noticed a difference after a 5lbs loss. My clothes felt a little looser and I thought I saw a difference in my waist (I lost an inch on my waist at this point.) I've now lost 8 lbs but no one else is noticing yet. I'm intentionally not wearing very flattering clothes though as I want to feel my clothes tight to remind me to stick at it. In the past I have found it quite easy drop half a stone in a couple of weeks but haven't been able to stick with a diet longer than a few weeks since having kids (as less time, more tired and not as active.)

This time is different though - I'm sticking with it...
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    I don't really notice a difference. and I am at 21lbs down now. but I have over 100 to go still.

I guess. my pants have a bigger gap. my shoulders are squarer. i have biceps that i can flex like HeMan. Little things that make me impressed. The cottage cheese belly isn't going to go down too well though , but. I guess I can take that in my stride ;)

people who know i am going to the gym and losing say they notice, but i think they're just being nice.

I have a dress that I want to fit that is a size 20 (Australian) When I can fit that. I'll believe I'm on my way. Until I buy a size 16 to shrink in to ;)
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    For me it was after week 1 - I felt like I had more energy, I felt light on my feet.

I lost about 9 lbs in the first week and then 4 the next week - I feel like I can do more.

Apart from that clothes starting to fit ( i.e. not stretched so much )
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I noticed the difference in my clothes after a month, While everyone says my stomach is shrinking I do not see that yet, however after month two I definitley noticed my face was thinner,,,,,,,Keep up the good work!!!
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Fitness wise I think it was after the first week, wasn't taking as long to recover even after upping my workout by 5 mins. Weight wise has been this week (week 3). Lost 11lbs in total last Tuesday so won't know until tomorrow the exact amount but my clothes feel baggy and a few close friends have commented on my appearance too.

I think everyone will be a little different, depending on how much they have to loose. I still have a long way to go but so far I am liking the little changes! :smile:
  • October1234
    Options
    Ive been seriously watching what i eat and exercising for 2 weeks (was doing it half heartedly for 2 weeks before) and im begining to notice a bit of a change in my body now, ive lost just over half a stone, but the thing i notice most is that i have so much more energy!!!
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    thanks for all your replys im on day 10 dont know how much iv lost yet tho til i weigh myself tomorrow, i started counting calories before i weighed in last monday. iv changed my day to a tuesday now cause thats my shopping day and i use the scale at the pharmacy. so fingers crossed.
    i also need to buy a tape measure cuz i have no idea if my measurements have gotten smaller but i doubt that just yet.
    thanks again for all the replys
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i have noticed that i feel a little deflated, lol. i have noticed but no one else has. but i have only lost 9 lbs so far. i am anxious to start to really thin out.
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    with me it depends where it is coming of : i have a g cup and when i lose around my ribs every1 i know coments saying have ur boobs grown again ? because they stick out more. after about 7lbs my jeans dont fit and have to weat a belt all the time although carnt fit in next size down:(
  • hop3
    hop3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I didn't see any difference till about 15lbs