Suggestions for Lunch today...

Options
I didnt start my morning off very well today, my fiance made 2 sausage patties and oatmeal for me for breakfast. While i did turn down one of the sausages, i still ate the oatmeal and ONE patty. Well i didnt realize that the bowl of oatmeal was about 300 calories itself. EH... AND to top it off i forgot my HEALTHY lunch at home.

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR LUNCH (remember i havta do take out)

i am thinking a salad from a local place here but i am not sure of the calories for their salad or dressing.

HELP HELP HELP!!

Replies

• hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Subway is usually a good option.
  • Jocourtman
    Options
    How about making a home made easy tomato soup? Just need tin tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, onions and maybe a little cornflour to thicken. i like to add basil too.

Chicken and salad tortilla wrap

Tuna salad
  • hannahncakes
    Options
    Go for salad but ask them to hold the dressing & go for grilled chicken/fish on it if anything.

Or low-fat subway without any mayo/fatty dressings.

I don't know where in the world you're located but weight watchers style sandwiches are ok & you can clearly see how much you're eating.
  • bigdawg62
    bigdawg62 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    just go for a 3 mile walk to make up the calorie differance.....
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is GREAT For breakfest also you want to eat 300-400 calories for your main meals. YOur largest meal should be breakfest. I agree the sausage is higher in fat and salt but still has some protien in it. So don't totally beat yourself up.

Now for lunch if you say you Have to eat out then choose subway 6 inch with double meat and veggies no heavy dressings. Remember though the Sodium content is higher in the bread and meat so choose a chicken breat vs the deli meat.

Pack your lunch. That is a great option too. Have a Great day!

A big Healthy Breakfest keeps you full longer and keeps you satisfied and helps with over eating and snacking at night which is no good when your trying to loose weight
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    thanks, i think it may be subway chicken breast :smile:

I did really good with packing my lunch all last week (usually i go out everyday, i love going out to eat, but since i started this "life change" NOT A DIET :wink: i have been packing)

Yes and i will be playing Dance Central on the 360 Kinect tonight OVERTIME! I live in Cleveland a 3 mile walk will cause frost bite and the flu hehe...

thanks for all the great suggestions
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    a small chili and a fry from wendys isnt so bad calories wise but watch the sodium the rest of the day. :"D
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    well Jess (my favorite sister) i am cutting out ALL DEEP FRIED foods... that is my addiction and the reason i gained so much weight... my lovely FIANCE, fries everything...i have gone a whole week with no fried so i am not doing that... BUT i could do the small chili and wendy's 1/2 salad :) and hopefully they still have the pick two for $5 special

we will see, you know i am spontaneous... lets just hope i am spontaneously healthy LOL
  • monica208
    monica208 Posts: 229
    Options
    a half sub from subway and chicken noodle soup... you can look up the nuitrition facts online... of if there is a little supermarket around you you can get a can of tuna and some crackers... sushi if you like it also...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Subway is usually a good option.

That's what I am doing today. I will be out of the house most of the afternoon and can't cook something for myself. You can check the Subway website for nutrition info and be prepared to be appalled at what most sandwiches have nutritionally (you have to be VERY choosy). After studying the website I personally decided on the Subway Club on Italian with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and black olives with no condiments at all. It's got 360 calories, 9 g of fat, 42 g of carbs, and 29 g of protein. It's not bad with cholesterol or saturated fat, but I am annoyed with the amount of sodium. I plan on drinking lots of water today to flush that out. :flowerforyou:
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I am SORT of in the same boat - accept I didn't eat that great last night, so I am trying to get my butt in gear.

For lunch today - I'm having: a pita with hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli sprouts and feta cheese.

It's just over 200 calories actually. Will pair with some fruit I think. You can probably get this stuff at your local grocery store salad bar.

Good luck finding something!
  • hardybelle83
    Options
    Do you have a grocery store nearby? Often, when I'm out of things to bring to work, I'll run by the grocery store & pick up a Kashi frozen meal. The sodium levels are low compared to other brands of frozen meals, and they taste amazing. Plus, I can pronounce everything on the ingredients list, which is always important for me. They range from about 290-400 calories. Sometimes, I'll steam a little bit of broccoli or add a side salad to pump up the volume without adding a ton of calories.

Otherwise, a 6" Subway chicken breast or veggie sub like others recommended is good (I like the Flatbread better than the regular bread, but that's just a personal preference). Just try to resist the chips with the combo & stick to bottled water :)