Owed 1035 calories from being under all week, takeaway?

Options
I do feel bad! But do you think it's ok to treat myself to a chinese or not ? Lol

Replies

• Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I used to do a weekly total, so I would be under during the week so I could eat more on the weekends....including take aways. I wouldnt feel guilty, but everyone is differnt :)
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    I do feel bad! But do you think it's ok to treat myself to a chinese or not ? Lol
    I'd ask him first.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Definitely :)
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'd ask him first.

rofl
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories, use them! Just make sure you figure out what you are going to eat before you go! I had a half portion of chicken Marsala last night with two light margaritas. It fit into my calories because I planned it out and it was SOOO good. Don't feel guilty, enjoy.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself to Chinese but also make wise choices. Maybe drink some extra water with it to flush out msg and sodium. Indulge guilt free.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories, use them! Just make sure you figure out what you are going to eat before you go! I had a half portion of chicken Marsala last night with two light margaritas. It fit into my calories because I planned it out and it was SOOO good. Don't feel guilty, enjoy.

This :) Enjoy!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I'd ask him first.

I like you.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'd ask him first.

Heh.

But to answer the question, I also used to plan for something like that once a week. Now with exercise calories I don't, but it think it's a totally fine way to do it. I wish MFP made it easier to focus on weekly totals.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I'd ask him first.

:laugh:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Don't do it, stay strong. You'll bloat up crazy and hold lots of water weight and you'll feel guilty. Why don't you cook a Chinese recipe so you know what you're eating and you'll still be guilt free.

Why exactly should she feel guilty? OP, as the others have said, it's fine to average it in. Yes, you might retain water from the food but it's certainly nothing to feel guilty over.
  • thesmallestpineapple
    thesmallestpineapple Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Definitely have a takeaway if you've got the calories to spare and you want it, don't do it just to 'use up' your calorie allowance though... Chinese takeaway can be very high in calorie and tends to be high in salt, just try to be aware of what you're choosing and/or how much of it you're eating. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Not sure why yo'd feel guilty....you do realize that your calorie goal is already a substantial deficit from your theoretical maintenance right...so if you're even further under that and making it up with some yummy foods shouldn't be anything to feel guilty about.

A big part of this journey is developing a healthy relationship with food...feeling guilty about eating something...eating anything is going the wrong way in that RE.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    No reason to feel guilty. And on the subject of Chinese takeout....now I want some....hmmm....wonder how much convincing it would take to get my hubby to run and get some.. :tongue:
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options

A big part of this journey is developing a healthy relationship with food...feeling guilty about eating something...eating anything is going the wrong way in that RE.

THIS! If you have the calories, go for it. Guilt has no place here. :flowerforyou:
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I never feel guilty about food. I make good choices 95% of the time time, and even when I make unhealthy choices, I don't go over my calories. So, have some takeout! I echo the sentiment about developing a healthy outlook on food. I don't want to have a complex with it; that's how I got fat to begin with. :drinker:
  • Bostonsoul
    Bostonsoul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    giving myself a "credit" and then a few days later "settling up with the house" always made me feel stupid, negating the hard work I did. But that's just me.