Owed 1035 calories from being under all week, takeaway?

Options
2»

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't try to "make it up" just because I was under for this week...Life happens and we all slip from here and there....I am not saying you will but next week who knows what parties or gathering might come up...why not just let it be?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it in without going over your weekly total then go for it

ETA: and don't feel guilty either because you have nothing to be guilty about - you stuck to your goal and i'm sure you got plenty of protein and micronutrients the rest of the week :drinker:
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    giving myself a "credit" and then a few days later "settling up with the house" always made me feel stupid, negating the hard work I did. But that's just me.
    I should note that I also don't do this. I just work what I want in to my calories for that day, or have an overage for one day (maybe once a month) when I decide to have a treat. Most days I 'net' something like 100-400 calories (I do the TDEE method and work out often), and I don't go out of my way to make up exercise cals. But, that being said, I also don't deprive myself when I feel I've earned a treat. And I've been very successful thus far.
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'd say.... don't do it if you have another choice. Nothing wrong with keeping a deficit to make up for a day down the road or mistakes in logging. Unless you're not trying to lose weight. Then go for it.

One quote that keeps me in check is, "You're not a dog, don't reward yourself with food".
  • blturner1
    blturner1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    "You're not a dog, don't reward yourself with food".

:) Great quote! Treat yourself with a fun activity that you normally wouldn't do or buy something new instead of spending the $ on food.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    If you want it, you should defo treat yourself. I would personally have an alternative lower cal so i can have more of other things too :D
  • likewhoa712
    likewhoa712 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Lol!!!!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    just realized OP is in UK? I learned it from "Midsomer Murders" that you guys call it "take away" while we say "take out" here in US. LOL
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I would and do this, with absolutely no regret. I give myself flexibility (using a weekly total) to enjoy things like takeaways, pizza (when I want it, I want a big portion, not just a sliver), etc. It works brilliantly for me. It's not quite a "cheat" day (I hate using that word, it's defeating for me, YMMV), but I don't feel deprived, like a bit of a treat day or however you want to call it. ENJOY if you like.