Water or Soda? which do you drink?

Options

Replies

• mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink water during the day also drunk diet sodas, Ice carbonated waters, zero calories energy drinks. I mix it up but my main drink is water.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I prefer tea.

Soda has been implicated in osteoporosis later in life, possibly because it contains carbonic and phosphoric acids.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I drink iced tea and water. Gave up soda a couple years ago, minus an occasional Coca-Cola (preferably the Mexican version made with real sugar) when I need caffeine and brewed tea isn't available.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Mostly water (it's FREE--mostly free, I pay a water bill). Sometimes a little tea, coffee, or diet soda. But mostly water, because I like it. I love my Diet Pepsi, but I limit it to one serving a day, since it's expensive and makes me gassy.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Both.
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Water, plain water. I love it, it helps me feel full, tastes good, it's calorie free, and good for you. I never liked the fizzy taste of soda, and the only I can manage to drink soda is if I mix it with alcohol, and even then I prefer other drinks.
  • srostad2006
    srostad2006 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I say if you want to drink some diet soda, drink some diet soda. Is it the key to your weight loss? Heavens no. But if you enjoy it, have some. I wouldn't replace drinking water with drinking diet soda though. Water has many benefits for your body like aiding in digestion and keeping you hydrated, which diet pop will not do. Diet pop still has caffeine (unless it is caffeine free pop) In fact, anything with caffeine will help to dehydrate you, not hydrate. That being said, enjoy the pop, coffee, tea, whatever. But try to get at least 8 cups of decaffeinated beverage in a day in addition to your diet pop. Crystal light packets work wonders if you can't handle the taste.
  • OmahaDad
    OmahaDad Posts: 7
    Options
    diet soda is all chemicals. If you are craving a soda drink the regular kind, and if possible opt for the real sugar variant, like Pepsi is advertising right now.

I usually stick to water all the time, it really does help detox and cleanse yourself
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I drink both.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I prefer soda pop (Mt. Dew), but I drink water because 0 calories and it's free. If I drank as much Mt. Dew as I do water, I wouldn't have much room for actual food. I do agree that the carbonation filled me up/kept the hunger down. Diet soda tastes horrible to me.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I like Snapple Diet Peach tea in the morning and then just water. Alot of water. But I'm thirsty tons. Sometimes I'll put a diet Orange in the freezer & set timer for 30min and then indulge....gotta have that thin layer of ice on the top so when I pop the top its mmmmmmm tasty!
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I drink water 99% of the time primarily because I love food more than soda. I'd rather have an extra 300ish calories a day to spend on a food I love than a soda. That said, I will have a Dr. Pepper maybe once every couple of weeks, but it's definitely not an every day thing for me.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    water..i do paleo!
  • purplenurse711
    purplenurse711 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I drink Water and Sparking flavored water for the carbonation...instead of diet soda! Diet soda free for 32 days straight. I do enjoy green tea and coffee.
  • SuperCartman
    SuperCartman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I drink around 2 litres of sparkling water every day. Still is just too plain for me. I very rarely have any 'soft' drinks anymore and I don't regret making that decision at all. I also have a few coffee each day and the occasional lemon/ginger tea after meals.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I drink water and have 1 diet soda per day, if at all. My water bottle goes everywhere with me.
  • bcanderson123456
    bcanderson123456 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking water with chuncks of lemon in it, because otherwise Its hard to drink water for me. I feel like I'm drowning or choking on it. I have been drinking just water for the past 3 weeks, no juice, no soda, just water. I felt more hungry and I did not loose as much weight as last month. Last month I lost 9 pounds this month I lost 4. So yesterday I was craving a soda, Diet Mountain dew. I had 3 in fact and guess what? I lost a pound. why? because I'm thinking the carbonation in the soda makes me feel fuller from my belly being bloated. I noticed I didnt eat as much. So I am wondering what everyone else's opionion is. Do you prefer water or soda and why?

I don't know if someone else mentioned this but water/soda aside...If you think you lose a pound in a day you don't understand how the body works. I don't think the carbonation was a factor, but drink whatever feels right to you as long as it isn't full of sugar, but please don't think there is an instant weight reduction. To see a pound difference in a day would mostly be related to hydration. Did you overall fluid intake go down because of the soda?
  • SWWIS
    SWWIS Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-4 coffees and at least a gallon of water every day. I consciously decided to stop drinking juice and soda when I went to college and have completely lost my taste for them. On the off chance that I have a soda or some juice now, my face puckers at how cloyingly sweet they are for the first 5 or so sips. I really don't like them anymore.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    diet soda is all chemicals. If you are craving a soda drink the regular kind, and if possible opt for the real sugar variant, like Pepsi is advertising right now.

I usually stick to water all the time, it really does help detox and cleanse yourself
    Water's a chemical. What's wrong with the zero-cal options for soda, exactly?

What are you detoxing from?
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Soda is delicious. I love it and have loved it my entire life. My favorite is Cheerwine, a cherry soda available in the southern US. There's some in my fridge right now actually, but it's for my husband T_T

But I don't drink it. I only drink water, almond milk, and coffee.