Where are you, geek chicks?

Options
kscarf1
kscarf1 Posts: 33 Member
Hi there! I am a geek chick in my 40s and looking to lose 80 pounds. I am really interested in making friends and sharing the journey with other geek chicks. I've lost this 80 pounds twice before, so I should be able to lose it again, right? The trick for me is keeping off the weight after I lose it. Anyway, I'd love to hear from anyone else who wants to share their dieting struggle. Take care!

Replies

• pshara
    pshara Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Geek Chick,

Not sure what constituents being a "geek chick" but from your post it sounds like we have a lot in common. I am 42 and I am also looking to lose about 80 lbs (although I am already down 15 YAY). I have a BS in Computer Science and I work in IT, does that qualify :laugh:
  • audubontrail
    audubontrail Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Mid-40s sci-fi and fantasy fan here. Right now I'm earning a technical writing certificate after working in marketing and pr. I've lost some weight before, but this time I want to go further.

Best of luck!
  • camorganart
    camorganart Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, there. I'm a big fan of fantasy and comics and am an artist who creates both in my spare time. I love dragons. That basically sums me up.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi! So my name is Erienne, I have like 100lbs to lose (woah) and I'm totally a geek. Star Wars fangirl to the bone. Got the ink to prove it, too.
    Also, my username.
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I don't use the word geek, but nerd. Nerd was more popular when I was younger I guess?

Let's see. I used to run a Harry Potter message board and I've hosted the best HP themed party ever. My husband and I have also hosted a Birthday Party for Tolkien.

In our house, we play table top games, and often consider what it would be like to live in a different time period! Ya know spending all day forking bales of hay, chopping wood, cultivating garden, hauling, hunting, playing with swords, bows and arrows, and having no electricity. One day, after I have lost the weight, we plan on trying a medieval diet plan. Only oats, ale, meat, cheese, fruit, vegetables, and bread. Haha.

Is this geeky enough?
  • whyyesitsneke
    Options
    Define geek.

Do I qualify if I fangirl about Dr Who, HP, and so many other things?

Haha, I'm an artsy type of geek, but always up for new friends!
  • tweedledee16
    tweedledee16 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Graphic Artist, Star Wars nerd...Love quirky people, they're so much more interesting!
  • kscarf1
    kscarf1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome responses, thanks so much for all of them! Are there any geek groups on MFP? If not, maybe we should start one!
  • Ayakaba
    Ayakaba Posts: 10
    Options
    hope i am geeky enough, cause it would be great to hang out with geeks getting rid of 40 lbs :-).

i guess playing wow does most of the job anyhow :-), i love indie rock, collect comics and can just grin when people around me start guessing on what might happen next on game of thrones since they know only the series.

I sent you a friend request and hope some fellow geeks want to add me too, please feel free
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I saw this post and had to jump on :)
    38 years old, obsessed with Dr Who, also love Star Trek, Game of Thrones, and Walking Dead.
    I will read anything sci fi, and I watch all of the superhero movies.
    My most exciting moments are when my kids say they want to watch Star Wars with me.
    I used to play everquest, I still play Minecraft, and I am a member of a board gaming group.

Anyway, about 50 pounds to lose here, and would love to be friends with all of you!
  • korin8129
    korin8129 Posts: 4
    Options
    *Raises Hand* Card carrying geek chick, also in her 40's. Nice to meet you.:happy:
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Yo

I'm a lifelong geek, raising another geek.
  • pamelaharwell2014
    pamelaharwell2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i think my engineering degree will qualify me as a geek chick lol??
    anyway i started with MFP because i wanted to lose the 10 lbs. i gained recently during nursing school and i did it!!
    i lost it by the time i walked for graduation, now i am trying to maintain.

let's keep each other encouraged on our journey for peak fitness :):love:
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Have you joined the geeks/nerd fandom group here yet? Nerds Unite! In the groups section.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/59212-nerds-unite-

One of us! One of us!
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If you can't tell by my screen name, I'm another geek chick.
  • NerdyAdventurer
    NerdyAdventurer Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Look at us all :) Warms my little dorky-heart.
  • Rainydaygirl1
    Rainydaygirl1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't know if I'm a geek or not. I love sci fi, fantasy and video games feel free to add me :)
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Here! Love all things fantasy and supernatural -- haven't missed an episode of The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones and have the first few sets of the Walking Dead comics that I think I love (not quite) as much as Daryl Dixon :)
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've lost 70 out of the 260 lbs I need to lose so far.

I love

Anime/manga
    The Walking Dead
    Star Wars
    Star Trek
    Creative writing
    Roleplaying (text based)
    Anything sci-fi or fantasy
    Anything on the computer

I still use AOL , lol.