Carb, protein, fat percentages in the app?

Options
Hi all I'm new to this! Just need done help.

I've set up my macros for protein, fat and carbs, calories in the advanced settings as suggested by my fitness/nutrition coach.

Thing is I made my breakfast smoothie and I have already gone over all the percentages for just my breakfast !?

Does it level out once you have finished all foods for the day?

Replies

• japaneseboy
    japaneseboy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Apply your custom goals again. I had something similar where the calculation was off.
    Also make sure you've got the right amount of calories set, not left off a digit by accident. If you didn't, change it one calorie up or down to make sure it recalculates.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    sounds like you may need to make a smaller smoothie or change the ingredients.
  • 0smiile0
    0smiile0 Posts: 22
    Options
    If you mean for example that let's say your macros are 50/30/20 and you made a smoothie for breakfast and it says that your macros are like 70/15/15 or something, thats fine. As you eat different food with different macronutrient percentages throughout the day it will even out. Just be sure that you're sticking to the recommended grams or eat macro to reach the proper percentage
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You dont have to be perfect on macros on every single meal, just as long as you get pretty close to them at the end of the day.
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Its an average over the course of your day (and week). I am guessing your smoothie was high in carbs and protein. It should level out by the end of the day if you are watching your intake.

Good luck.
  • joolzsd
    joolzsd Posts: 51
    Options
    Agreed, it's the total daily averages that matter. You can deal with this two ways: one, plan your food out for the whole day either the night before or in the morning. Pre log it all and see what needs to adjust. Two, check macros before dinner, and let that determine what you need to eat for dinner. I prefer #1 :)