Water or Soda? which do you drink?

Options

Replies

• laflordivina
    Options
    I drink water or tea. I'm a tea fiend and I love lime or lemon in my water. It keeps things simple for me.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    why-not-both-zoidberg-meme-generator-86667.jpg

I drink at least 64oz of water a day, usually more and I typically still do have a diet soda. I see no reason not to. The only thing I do avoid is replacing water with diet soda. If I notice that I am doing that for the day (like at a bbq or social event) I do remind myself to grab water the next time I go for a drink.
  • Aero1dynamic
    Aero1dynamic Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • ShalaraQ
    ShalaraQ Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I find the opposite of the OP. I was much hungrier and eating more when I was drinking soda. Part of it was probably that I was drinking regular soda, and sugar does its quick burn, energy drop, feed me more sugar thing. But even if I drink a diet 7-up, which I do occasionally, I feel like I want to eat more. I thought maybe it was the carbonation, not filling me up, but in fact, adding gas to the stomach, pumping it up like a balloon, making more room ;)
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I drink water because I don't feel that soda hydrates me that well. I have drank a few sodas in the past week because I am trying to get rid of them from my graduation party. I normally chase it with a bottle of water.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    What do you like to drink? I try to not be rigid, because that is the old way I tried to lose weight, which never worked long term.

I drink: water with ice; water with ice & lemon slices; beer; wine; unsweetened vanilla almond milk; Virgil's diet creme soda (Sprouts); and anything that fits my plan and looks delicious.
    Deprivation won't work for me--never has.
    I am careful what I have in the house at this point. I buy one beer at a time. I bought a six-pack one and drink 3 before i went to bed. Crazy but I was still within my calorie range. Not good from the point of macros : ^ }

Add some things in that are FUN to drink! Red and white straws and pretty glasses are on my table now. I try to attend to the visual aspect of things too.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You do realize that you don't just drop a Lb of fat overnight right? It has nothing to do with your water or soda or whatever. Natural daily weight fluctuations are generally between 1-3 Lbs and can be even more. Yesterday I was 185...this morning I'm 181.6....I'm in maintenance, I didn't lose 3.5 Lbs of fat overnight.

I drink both water and soda and beer and lots of other things.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Water, diet soda, tea, beer, wine, and alcohol.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I drink water, coffee and tea mainly. We got a good blender recently and I've been making my own frappuccinos - coffee, tiny bit of skim milk, caramel syrup and loads of ice. Low calorie, low fat, and really filling.

I'm not really a soda drinker now. Years ago I used to drink diet coke at work as it filled me up, but it's not something I ever buy for at home.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I love cold water. It feels so much more refreshing than anything else. I don't drink juice and rarely drink soda. I drink a ton of coffee though.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I only drink water if I am out in the hot sun and ultra-thirsty, or, sometimes if I eat a huge oil-laden meal (such as two of the extra-large paper plates filled with a giant mountain of fried potatoes-- two pans full of fried potatoes), I want water with it. But I have had only part of one small glass of water within about the past ten months-- because I was out of soda and too lazy to fix tea.
  • nazrin1242
    Options
    Diet soda is all artificial junk. I would suggest Scheckters Organic Energy. All organic, no artificial colours, flavours etc. I tend to drink that if I want something that isn't water. Seriously soda, especially diet, is terrible for you but I guess your favorite fizzy drink (preferably the full sugar one) once in a blue moon isn't going to kill you though.
  • mavanscoy
    mavanscoy Posts: 17
    Options
    I drink Lightly Sweeten Tea in the morning , then One can of pop at lunch time and water the rest of the day . Keeps me going at work .
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I prefer water, but I have the occasional soda. One or two a week, lately, because I bought an 8 pack on special offer. Usually, I only have one or two a month. In the evenings and on weekends, I like to drink hot tea with milk and sugar.
  • Pucepout
    Pucepout Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried carbonated water as an alternative to soda?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,088 Member
    Options
    Another vote for both.

I drink plain water every day, several unsweetened coffees per day, the equivalent of around 3 cans of diet soda per week, 1 or 2 glasses of juice or milk per week.

I don't like carbonated water, much prefer still water. Usually rainwater from home, now and then buy bottled water.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Plain ole water for me. I'm not a fan of soda.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Mostly plain water for me. It has got to be COLD tho. I usually put a half bottle in the freezer and then add water to it to drink later. I do have an occasional diet coke, but I'm talking maybe once a month or so. Love me my coffee tho....
  • Kel1677
    Kel1677 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love my water but I love my soda too. I hate diet soda I have tried them all. They just have a nasty after taste to me. I have cut way back on my soda. I buy 12 packs now and drink only one maybe two a day and I don't usually even finish them. I know in the long run I would never give them up totally. I find if I tell myself I can't have something I want it even more. So I eat what I want just less of it :)
  • kaischu
    kaischu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think it's kind of ill advised to assume that soda is better for you than water or better for weight loss. That being said there's no reason not to have the things you enjoy. I personally have been drinking water exclusively but I've never had a problem with drinking plain water (drinking through a straw also helps!). My boyfriend can't stand plain water and he drinks diet soda and iced coffee constantly. there's no reason to force down bottles of water if it's making you miserable. I think both are fine but I prefer water!